View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
The iPhone my son has does not have a great battery life.

Perhaps that has changed with the newer models?

The touch screen is very "touchy" ...it does not respond to all touches. You have to touch it a "certain" way. Frustrated the beejeebees out of me last summer when I tried it.

I do like the meow meow keyboard app, and the koi app.
I would use that in the doctors' office waiting for my doom, and blood pressure readings.

Hi. Just some quick questions about a Mac if anyone cares to answer. I am a PC person, windows this and windows that. Never owned a MAC. Two days ago my friend went to the Apple Store and bought a MACKBOOK AIR 13. I had to look up the tutorials on youtube to explain TextEdit and the other programs to her. When I found out what she paid I said "OH BOY". Her reason was "I don't ever want to get another virus and MAC's don't get viruses".

I believe her. So here are my questions.

What is the big difference between a MACBOOK and a LAPTOP. I know they have different operating systems but they both have their browsers and you type in the URL at the top right? I assume they have favorite places (like IE)? If I ever get rich I think I might invest in one but I'd like to know why the big price?

And here's MY question. We have a PC in the living room which my husband uses. And I have the laptop which I use. We have a wireless router/modem from Verizon. If I ever get a MAC, I assume I just turn it on, click on the wifi button and it will search for my wifi network? And once it's connected, that will be it, right? Like what my laptop does now.

I mean, I can always learn new things but I'd like to know if the price of these 13 inch macbook air is worth it?

And how on earth can a 13 inch anything be worth almost a thousand bucks?

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote