Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 07:12 PM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Swine Flu

i am the worrywort of the family - or is it worrywart? forgetting many things these days. Kids in florida have been back to school for 3 weeks now and there is one case of swine flu on merritt island, which is across the river, that we have heard of. the school he is attending closed last year when a case developed. i'm not looking to worry people but seeking-as always-just the facts. this flu is different, and i truly wonder if i could survive it! my family doesn't want to hear this, but only because they don't want to think aobut it and don't have a serious accompanying condition. but actually with this flu, depending upon who you listen to, they just might.

does anyone know any inside information? my dystonia is pretty significant in the throat and chest area and i am underweight. my grandson has asthma - don't they all now? my husband has allergies and so does my daughter, mother of my grandson. their symptom are all coughing and my grandson recently had pneumonia. so how clear their chests are to start with seems like it would matter.

i never know when the media is exaggerating, but figures are figures and i've been told a few personal stories about people dying who weren't very ill with other conditions. i must admit this one has me worried. it's just a matter of time before my grandson is exposed. vaccine in october, which seems a long way off. i get a flu vaccine every year, i know they are controversial but the last time i had the flu, i learned not to take chances. it was bad, in the chest.

the last time i had the 24 hour virus, i ended up in the ER dehydrated but we all know for us that means no meds in system either, a very dangerous scenario. I wonder if the swine flu is any more dangerous than any flu, just that we have no immunity? but i question whether i could survive even the regular flu now.

so if you have any information that might be helpful, other than wash your hands, keep the house clean, cover your mouth. the news seems to be contradictory, ranging from take your kid to a swine flu party, like they used to do with chicken pox, to half the country could get it with multiple thousands of deaths.

maybe i should just check myself into the ER at the first sign of a symptom. Am i over reacting? and if so,why do you think so?

the latest florida death was a 56 yr old woman, whom i think i heard the story about coincidentally by the lady who sat next to me on a plane, a nurse, who worked w ith a lady that age who was on life support and not expected to make it. she was a nurse, 56, not ill, and caught it from a patient who had died. different strains and strengths?

here's hoping that the vaccine is safe and effective. in spite of all the anti-vaccine sentiment here, i strongly recommend that you follow your doctors directions concerning the vaccine.

but have a nice weekend anyway. sorry for the doom and gloom - but we can't be too careful, those of us who are physically fragile. this is where i check for information.

on the hopeful side and to leave you with a good thought, the shuttle launch is scheduled for midnite, so the house will be shaking and throats welling up with pride. if scrubbed, [ad there is a storm creating off shore winds to our coast [will cause more trouble as it travels up the coast.] they will wait till october.

ok now i am out of excuses not to start some work on the book, which is moving very well with a crackerjack team....i'm in awe of their skills and professional attitude.

thanks for any info you might have.
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-28-2009, 07:39 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Paula, the odd thing about this flu, similar to Sars, I think, is that it hits the very young and young adult harder than it hits older people. They think it may be because we have more immunity having been exposed to various kinds of viruses throughout our sojourn here.

About the nurse, I wonder if getting exposed in an ongoing way, treating someone who is very ill, is more dangerous than one quick exposure. My guess is that more exposure is much worse than less exposure. It would require the immune system to react to multiple hits of the virus. I'm just guessing, though. I haven't read anything about that.

I'm not very worried. I do get asthma with the flu, so I always get the shot. But I'm not going to get it this year, unless my oncologist insists. I trust her.

There are only three colors, 10 digits, and seven notes; it's what we do with them that's important.
~John Rohn
ZucchiniFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (08-29-2009)
Old 08-28-2009, 08:18 PM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default You may be the worrywart, but...

I'm the conspiracy theorist and something stinks. I think that one part of the mess arises from the plan by Big Pharma to offload a bunch of bad vaccine onto the tax payer - simple greed. But there is another, more sinister thing to consider in that some problems woul be solved for some powerful people if a bunch of folks would kindly die. The fact that roughly 100 top microbiologists from around the world have died under mysterious circumstances in the last decade doesn't help, either. Here are some links from the dark corner:
1) http://www.rense.com/general87/vaccin.htm
Dr. Blaylock on what to do to minimize the dangers of the vaccines.
2) http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...1_USheal703452
Swine flu exaggerated?
3) http://www.vancouversun.com/health/W...768/story.html

On a more practical note: Have enough meds on hand, preferably a 90 day supply. Same with food.
Get or make cloth masks and wear when you absolutely must interact with anyone. Wash hands. Wear cloth gloves.

The flu virus must attach to the throat mucus membranes to infect. If you search Medline you will find that gargling with plain old tea prevents this from happening. So have a thermos of tea at your side and gargle on the hour.

s 1 - 9 of 9
One page.
1:

Gargling with tea catechin extracts for the prevention of influenza infection in elderly nursing home residents: a prospective clinical study.

Yamada H, Takuma N, Daimon T, Hara Y.

J Altern Complement Med. 2006 Sep;12(7):669-72.

PMID: 16970537 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Related Articles
2:

Antiviral effect of catechins in green tea on influenza virus.

Song JM, Lee KH, Seong BL.

Antiviral Res. 2005 Nov;68(2):66-74. Epub 2005 Aug 9.

PMID: 16137775 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Related Articles
3:

Additional inhibitory effect of tea extract on the growth of influenza A and B viruses in MDCK cells.

Imanishi N, Tuji Y, Katada Y, Maruhashi M, Konosu S, Mantani N, Terasawa K, Ochiai H.

Microbiol Immunol. 2002;46(7):491-4.

PMID: 12222936 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Related Articles Free article at journal site
4:

[Comparison between black tea and gargles on inhibition of the infectivity of influenza virus]

Iwata M, Toda M, Nakayama M, Hara Y, Shimamura T.

Kansenshogaku Zasshi. 1997 Nov;71(11):1175-7. Japanese. No abstract available.

PMID: 9455060 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Related Articles
5:

[Prophylactic effect of black tea extract as gargle against influenza]

Iwata M, Toda M, Nakayama M, Tsujiyama H, Endo W, Takahashi O, Hara Y, Shimamura T.

Kansenshogaku Zasshi. 1997 Jun;71(6):487-94. Japanese.

PMID: 9248263 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Related Articles
6:

[Effects of tea catechin and specific antibody of influenza viruses]

Nakayama M, Iwata M, Toda M, Hara Y, Shimamura T.

Kansenshogaku Zasshi. 1996 Nov;70(11):1190-2. Japanese. No abstract available.

PMID: 8986075 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Related Articles
7:

[Inhibition of the infectivity of influenza virus by black tea extract]

Nakayama M, Toda M, Okubo S, Hara Y, Shimamura T.

Kansenshogaku Zasshi. 1994 Jul;68(7):824-9. Japanese.

PMID: 8089547 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Related Articles
8:

Inhibition of the infectivity of influenza virus by tea polyphenols.

Nakayama M, Suzuki K, Toda M, Okubo S, Hara Y, Shimamura T.

Antiviral Res. 1993 Aug;21(4):289-99.

PMID: 8215301 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Related Articles
9:

Inhibition of multiplication of influenza virus by extracts of tea.

GREEN RH.

Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1949 May;71(1):84. No abstract available.

PMID: 18151487 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Related Articles
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (08-29-2009), paula_w (08-29-2009)
Old 08-28-2009, 08:22 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
The flu virus must attach to the throat mucus membranes to infect. If you search Medline you will find that gargling with plain old tea prevents this from happening. So have a thermos of tea at your side and gargle on the hour.
Thanks so much Rick! What a wonderful tip!

There are only three colors, 10 digits, and seven notes; it's what we do with them that's important.
~John Rohn
Old 08-29-2009, 01:11 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Swine Flu Vaccine and activated Microglyia?

I'm not certain about the reliability of the web site I got this from but it is interesting. It appears that the new swine flu vaccine has an ingredient that can activate microclia cells in the brain. Research over the past years claims that over active microglia can cause many neurological diseases, like Parkinson's and Alzheimers through brain inflammation..
One thing that seems to work for fighting off the flu is high doses of vitamin D3.
Ashley

http://socioecohistory.wordpress.com...han-swine-flu/
Because squalene, the main ingredient in MF-59, can induce hyperimmune responses and induce autoimmunity, a real danger exists for prolonged activation of the brain’s immune cells, the microglia. This type of prolonged activation has been strongly associated with such diseases as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ALS and possibly vaccine-related encephalitis. It has been shown that activation of the systemic immune system, as occurs with vaccination, rapidly activates the brain’s microglia at the same time, and this brain inflammation can persist for long periods.
ashleyk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ZucchiniFlower (08-30-2009)
Old 08-29-2009, 03:29 PM #6
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default so who is responsible?

We are all hearing things. Couldn't an org rep be assigned to investigate this thoroughly before the vaccine becomes available? who is making it? should we call the CDC? People are dying and the vaccine production is riddled with rumors

. Does anyone want to take this on? We need the ingredients and amounts asap [heard they are testing children now and someone needs to interpret the risks, my neuro insists that regular vaccines no longer contain mercury - that's my neuro, not me.

i'm just a lot more concerned about this flu. maybe no one knows how we will do but someone has to know the ingredients and do some chemical analysis with regard to what we know about pd. they don't have to give recommendations or be held liable. just present the facts. take the time to at least try to back up what is being said.

my internist just shakes her head at me when i tell her i stopped taking a med or didn't follow her directions. but she has already mentioned a feeding tube for me. i have since found out through the health reform discussions that doctors are already required to make patients aware of worst case scenario options for insurance reimbursement. i don't take medicine that she prescribes for osteoporosis. she says you are going to end up in a nursing home with broken bones. i say - but i've heard nothing but bad things about it. she says, "but i'm your doctor",lol

this is serious..let's find out. i don't want to be a rumor monger but some pwp might not survive this flu; people less ill than me have died. so care is needed to not dissuade people from getting it either without checking it out. if i lost my grandson [the young] or a daughter [young adults,. both] i may as well just jump off a bridge,my family IS my quality of life - it would have no point.

i have seen the article about neuros SECRET letter about 25 deaths from nerve damage. is it just possible that people can handle the truth without panicking? does anyone ever tell the whole truth?

jimimny cricket and that's not what i'm really muttering.

who says we will panic if we knew it could do that kind of damage? seems to me its just explaining the benefits vs the risks. someone oughta try it without an agenda.

paula
oh darn it now don't go off your osteo meds from this post, geez i'm doing it as i call for facts.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:57 PM #7
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Russell Blaylock is one of the best. Watching PD destroy his father as a youth made him become a neuro. He wrote "Excitotoxins: the Taste That Kills" and thinks outside the box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyk View Post
I'm not certain about the reliability of the web site I got this from but it is interesting. It appears that the new swine flu vaccine has an ingredient that can activate microclia cells in the brain. Research over the past years claims that over active microglia can cause many neurological diseases, like Parkinson's and Alzheimers through brain inflammation..
One thing that seems to work for fighting off the flu is high doses of vitamin D3.
Ashley

http://socioecohistory.wordpress.com...han-swine-flu/
Because squalene, the main ingredient in MF-59, can induce hyperimmune responses and induce autoimmunity, a real danger exists for prolonged activation of the brain’s immune cells, the microglia. This type of prolonged activation has been strongly associated with such diseases as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ALS and possibly vaccine-related encephalitis. It has been shown that activation of the systemic immune system, as occurs with vaccination, rapidly activates the brain’s microglia at the same time, and this brain inflammation can persist for long periods.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:54 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vaccine may contain adjuvants not approved by the FDA (squaline spelling?). It's there to produce an excited immune response in the body.

Most would refuse emergency use H1N1 vaccine or additive

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-mwr092909.php

Posted: Monday, 28 September 2009 6:58PM

Rally in Albany Tuesday Over H1N1 Flu Shot Debate

(New York, NY) -- Hundreds of health care workers will rally in Albany Tuesday, angry that they are being made to receive H1N1 flu shots. The State Health Department has made it mandatory that all health care workers get immunized by November 30th. The protestors say their rights are being violated and that they can not be forced to get a H1N1 flu shot. Officials say there will be exceptions for those health care workers who have a personal health issue that would prevent them from getting the shot.

WOR News spoke with Helena Kosorek from the New York Healthcare Concerned Citizens Group. Kosorek and her group will lead a protest that will take place at the State Capitol Building in Albany from 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM tomorrow.

Plus, the leaked package insert from Novartis lists awful side effect possibilities.

H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine Insert Admits It Causes Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Vasculitis, Paralysis, Anaphylactic Shock And Death

Bird Flu Pandemic
Tuesday, Sept 29th, 2009

The package insert for the Influenza A (H1N1) 2009 Monovalent Vaccine manufactured by Novartis has been leaked on the Internet. According to that package insert, the vaccine (based on an earlier vaccine product known as Fluvirin) is known to cause a whole host of very nasty side effects such as guillain-barre syndrome, vasculitis, anaphylactic shock and even death.

Of course anyone who has been studying vaccine side effects already knows that it causes all of these things, but the story here is that the insert for the swine flu vaccine itself is admitting all of these things. The insert says that it was updated during September 2009, so it reflects the very latest information.

You can read the package insert for this vaccine for yourself right here…..

http://www.fluscam.com/Vaccine_Packa..._UCM182242.pdf

The following is a list of some of the very nasty side effects that the vaccine package insert admits to…..

http://www.prisonplanet.com/h1n1-swi...and-death.html

~John Rohn
Old 09-29-2009, 02:58 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This article says adjuvants are in the EU approved vaccines from Novartis and GlaxoSmithKline. Also says two shots for adults, not just kids....

European Commission authorizes two H1N1 vaccines

Brussels - The European Commission on Tuesday authorized the use of two vaccines for the pandemic A(H1N1) virus, commonly known as swine flu, after successful testing was carried out by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). The vaccines are Focetria, ...

Posted : Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:47:19 GMT

Brussels - The European Commission on Tuesday authorized the use of two vaccines for the pandemic A(H1N1) virus, commonly known as swine flu, after successful testing was carried out by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). The vaccines are Focetria, which is produced by Swiss pharmaceutical giant Novartis, and Pandemrix, manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline.

The vaccines are to become available in all 27 European Union's member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, as of this week.

The decision "should ensure that sufficient vaccines will be available before the start of the flu season and will reduce the risks for illnesses and deaths for European citizens," officials in Brussels said in a statement.

Last week, the London-based EMA said it had speeded up testing on the two vaccines so that they could become available before the traditional start of the flue season.

The agency recommends a two-dose vaccination schedule, at an interval of three weeks, for adults, including pregnant women, and children from six months of age. While governments are responsible for their own national vaccination strategies, they rely on information provided by the agency.

The authorized vaccines contain substances known as "adjuvants" that enhance the immune response so that less viral material can be used in each dose of vaccine.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...-vaccines.html

MORE:

http://www.eurobiotechnews.eu/servic...he=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=11457&tx_ttnews[backPid]=12&cHash=0a9950fe9e

~John Rohn
Old 09-29-2009, 03:03 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

7 Better Ways Medicine Can Beat Back Swine Flu
Pandemic challenge: knowing what to do, when, and for whom

By Bernadine Healy, M.D.
Posted September 29, 2009

http://health.usnews.com/articles/he...swine-flu.html

The United States has not approved adjuvants for flu vaccine because of uncertainty about the risk of triggering autoimmune diseases in susceptible people. (This brings a sniff from the Canadians and Europeans, who are using adjuvants in their swine flu vaccines.) But we have purchased a large quantity of adjuvants in case of a flu vaccine shortage, which now looks unlikely, and will use them for safety studies.

... Vitamin D may play a role. There's evidence that those with adequate levels of vitamin D are protected from the flu, and just this month the Public Health Agency of Canada announced it would be conducting studies to see if that holds true for the new swine flu. Since there are many good reasons to take vitamin D anyway and little or no risk, what's to lose? One legacy of this pandemic might be a vitamin D habit—along with covering one's mouth when coughing, more frequent hand-washing, and regular use of that bottle of sanitizing Purell. Individuals with little or no technology can fight pandemics, too.

DOCTOR OZ RECOMMENDS 1,OOO UNITS OF VITAMIN D A DAY TO PREVENT FLU.

~John Rohn