advertisement

Old 08-30-2009, 06:04 AM #1
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Pre-happy subgroup invitation

I hope you’ll considering joining our new Pre-Happy subgroup. If you want to know in detail what Pre-happy is, please check out the earlier thread. (I’m way too lazy to type it all out again.)

In short, Pre-happy is for folks who are down, but not out. Like other maligned groups, we are throwing off the negative title assigned to us by others is favour of one we find more positive and empowering.

Pre-happies (Pre-happities?, we’re going to have to work on the plural) don’t deny the existence of depression – but we sure as heck aren’t ashamed of it either! The subgroup will be a place to celebrate the creativity and brilliance (Georgia O’Keeffe, Walt Whitman, Victor Hugo, John Keats, Edward Elgar and just about every poet, writer, artist and actor you can list) of our ilk and ourselves. We won’t deny the upside of being down.

On the other hand, you can come to Pre-happy on your darkest days and find people who understand. Nobody in this subgroup is ever going to tell you to “Snap out of it.” If fact, anyone who can’t distinguish a person from a rubber band or is otherwise unsupportive or judgmental will be diverted to a more suitable subgroup: Pre-nice.

So join today: YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR PREFIX!
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (08-30-2009), GmaSue (08-30-2009), prairiemary (09-08-2009)

advertisement
Old 08-30-2009, 06:19 AM #2
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Count me in! I've been pre-happy for years. *grin And we get to talk about it here.

And may I suggest, if you want to be inspired and humbled at the same time...read this entire thread...

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread97594.html

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (08-30-2009), GmaSue (08-30-2009), Hockey (08-30-2009), Koala77 (08-30-2009)
Old 08-30-2009, 06:33 AM #3
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Welcome Aboard

Alffe,

I read through your posted thread. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the MS folks on this forum are warm, funny, sage, insightful - well, basically GREAT!

I'm hoping that as many as would find it helpful or amusing will join the Pre-happy subgroup. It wouldn't be a party without you guys!
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (08-30-2009), GmaSue (08-30-2009)
Old 08-30-2009, 08:53 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I hope you’ll considering joining our new Pre-Happy subgroup. If you want to know in detail what Pre-happy is, please check out the earlier thread. (I’m way too lazy to type it all out again.)

In short, Pre-happy is for folks who are down, but not out. Like other maligned groups, we are throwing off the negative title assigned to us by others is favour of one we find more positive and empowering.

Pre-happies (Pre-happities?, we’re going to have to work on the plural) don’t deny the existence of depression – but we sure as heck aren’t ashamed of it either! The subgroup will be a place to celebrate the creativity and brilliance (Georgia O’Keeffe, Walt Whitman, Victor Hugo, John Keats, Edward Elgar and just about every poet, writer, artist and actor you can list) of our ilk and ourselves. We won’t deny the upside of being down.

On the other hand, you can come to Pre-happy on your darkest days and find people who understand. Nobody in this subgroup is ever going to tell you to “Snap out of it.” If fact, anyone who can’t distinguish a person from a rubber band or is otherwise unsupportive or judgmental will be diverted to a more suitable subgroup: Pre-nice.

So join today: YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT YOUR PREFIX!

Please read my post on the alcoholics page. i did not know where to post it. i will post again if necessary. It is near the bottom, and is a reply.
nita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (08-31-2009)
Old 08-31-2009, 05:02 AM #5
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Red face Direction to the Pre-happy subgroup

Hi All,

Bizi pointed out (thanks) that I invited you all to the party, but forgot to give directions. Sorry about the lack of organization - it's that pesky brain damage again.

Anyway:

All you need to do is click on the social group section of your own public profile homepage and scroll down until you find "Pre-happy."

Cheers
p.s. Please join soon: my avatar is starting to think it forgot to put on its deodorant.
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (08-31-2009), GmaSue (09-01-2009)