advertisement

Old 08-31-2009, 02:46 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hearing cming up in october

Hi everyone i am new to the post and i am nervious about my hearing.I have been through one surgery on my back in 2007 and 6 months later felt pain again and my pcp sent me for another mri and all my discs are bulged again,seen a neuro surgeon and he told me that when my pain medication does not help me no longer that i need a fusion but i am not ready for another surgery right now.Also i have ashma and hypoxmia,depression and anxiety and i have to go every 6 months for a catscan on my lungs due to nodules,also i am on oxygen at night for sleep apnea.I am nervious cause i have collected unemployment to get by,my lawyer told me not to worry and that he successfully represented people who won there cases.The judge i have been assigned to has a success rate of 38% of approval rate.I had no choice i had to collect the unemployment reason is i pay child support and she needs to be able to live to and i pay rent and my landlord would of evicted me and i have no where to go.I am not looking for back pay just my attorney fees and i will worry o how to catch up on every thing else.I am just so nervious i had to vent out and i am so glad that theres this sight with people in the same situation.
longstoneb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-01-2009, 09:26 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Good Luck

I wish you luck. All I know is Allsup(My lawyers) told me way ahead of time not to draw unemployment as I was telling the judge I was ready and available for work. Keep us posted!!
Hoosier_Daddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:10 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

To whom are you lying? Are you lying to the unemployment office when you tell them you are ready, willing, able, and actively seeking employment? Or, are you lying to the Social Security Administration when you tell them you cannot perform any type of gainful employment? Obviously, you cannot be telling the truth to both agencies.

Your post did not explain how your medical condition(s) prevent your performing some types of work. Bulging discs, and past, or future surgery may/may not meet the SSA standards. It will depend upon your age, education, past work experience & how your condition(s) restrict your ability to function. How many times have you been hospitalized or gone to the emergency room for asthma in the past year? If your asthma did not require this type of treatment, it will probably not be considered severe enough to meet the SSA definition of complete and total disability. Does the oxygen allow you to sleep and be rested so you can perform work the next day? What do the pulmonary function studies show your lung capacity to be? What is your oxygen saturation? What causes the breathing problem – obesity or COPD?

If all you are looking for is your attorney fees why discharge him and go about your business without going to the judge. If you are awarded Disability Insured Benefits based on your payment of disability insurance through your FICA taxes you will automatically be given payments back to any date the judge establishes you were disabled. (Certain time limits exist – ask your local Social Security Administration office.) If you are awarded Supplemental Security Income (welfare) benefits you will automatically be given payments back to the month you applied or the date the judge says your condition caused you to be unable to perform any type of work – whichever is later.

Sounds like you and your attorney have a lot to discuss before you see the judge.
knowsalittle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote