Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update on Johnny Reid concert.. you won't believe it.

Hi everyone,

Well the concert was friday night at eight.
I got an invitation for a meet and greet before the show .

when i registered for the meet and greet i thought i was doing it based on the two tickets that i had purchased.

I found out that i had to register each ticket separately.

Well we had to be there an hour before the show so that we could check in.

I had sent Johnny's manager an email and explained my mistake and i hadn't heard back.

So i thought i would just find her and ask her if Josh could be added to the list, the only way you can get an invite is if you were fan club members and we both were .

So she said YES! no worries, here's your armband.

Security led us down a hall to a small room where we waited, then Johnny walked in.. He is SO Handsome! He's probably about 5'9 , and that accent is to die for. Kinda weird since he's Canadian too.

He shook Josh's hand and joked around with him for awhile, Josh told him that he told all the girls that he was coming to see him and Johnny said that it was "brilliant".

He signed Josh's baseball hat and they got a picture taken.. it was like they were long lost friends.. Josh is not shy at all... thank god..

I have never met anyone so incredibly humble and kind and caring.

Then it was my turn.... he hugged me and said it meant alot that we came to see him and he hoped that we would have a good time... i had my pic taken with him and asked him to sign my CD.. which he did.

It was an incredible show! a few time he would point to Josh.. Josh would take off his hat and would wave it at him and they would laugh.. it was so fun.

He (Johnny) would dance with some of the audience members... and we were all dancing... tapping our feet... then he tried to come into our stand but couldn't because a partition was in the way... oh well.

We had the best time, my son will not forget this evening... nor will I.

He is such a kind person, everyone from his fan club said... "just wait till you meet him" "he is the MOST down to earth person you will ever meet"

I really didn't expect him to be so nice..
He and his crew are a class act... they didn't have to let Josh meet Johnny but they did.. it was a magical night...

Here are the pics... they're kinda blurry but that's okay...
Attached Thumbnails
Update on Johnny Reid concert.. you won't believe it.-johnny-reid-2009-002-jpg   Update on Johnny Reid concert.. you won't believe it.-johnny-reid-2009-004-jpg   Update on Johnny Reid concert.. you won't believe it.-johnny-reid-2009-003-jpg  
misshayleesmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (11-24-2009)

advertisement
Old 11-24-2009, 08:16 PM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

That's so neat, Cindy! It sounds like you two had a great time. Isn't it nice when someone who seems "untouchable" turns out to be so down to earth?

I'm so glad you've got these great memories with your son. I'm sure neither of you will ever forget it.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:18 AM #3
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Yay! What fun. and you look beautiful by the way. Your son looks
so happy!

soxmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
misshayleesmom (11-25-2009)