Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 01-13-2007, 06:11 PM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default off topic - going back

Recently I contacted two high school friends. one my high school boyfriend and the other my best friend's [highschool] boyfriend. I saw my hs boyfriend in October when I went home - first date in 35 years - we went with another couple who had married and remained in our hometown after school and had fun.

My high school boyfriend had just lost his father and had cared for him for years, now had his mother to care for; daily trips to the grave. They had a great family.

My friend''s boyfriend i wanted to contact because there have been rumor all these years that he was a spy. He was rarely at home, worked in the Far East, Bosnia. and worked for the government, I wanted to know as much as he could tell me about his job- just because it was so interesting.

He, in turn emailed a third friend, who contacted me and then wrote me again saying that my old boyfriend had a brain aneuryism and was in intensive care. Johnny, my high school boyfriend. I went with him from 8th through twelfth grade - we grew up together. I hadn't seen him tho since 1972 until October. Now he lay in a hospital bed fighting for his life. I am living in 3 time worlds and it feels intense in all of them.

The "spy" then called a fourth friend , who lives near me and we talked for hours last night. Tur'ns out his wife had a brain aneuryism and he had to teach her everything all over. She didn't know how t o eat, walk, go to the bathroom, - it took five years. Now she has on ly short t\erm memory problems.

So far , the original "spy" has spoken of lower back pain and his colonoscopy - hope it gets better. He did talk about his latest assignment in Las Vegas --and i can't tell you lol. Just kidding , much of it is classified but i 'm sure he didn't tell me anything that was.

Funny' thing is, 3 of these friends, who only call each other or see each other at funerals and reunions every couple of years are named John. The fourth is named Jason b ut now goes by Jackie. So John, John, John and Jason/Jackie are in touch and there's another couple with whom I have remained close friends with since we were neighbors and friends from age 3 and her husband that i have to call and include and his name is John

Life is very strange. I'm conflicted ..will it be hello and good bye at the same time? Brain aneuyrisms are NOT good.

This all started at - don't' tell anyone - classmates .com.....and an IPOD full of oldies.

Please pray if so inclined for John.
From another time period,
Paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-13-2007, 11:55 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You Must Go Immediately

and change your name to Joan so that you will fit in and not be ostracized. There's nothing w orse than finding a P in a jar full of J's.

Seriously, though, what strikes me is the fact that so many are seriously ill with the illnesses having to do with the brain. You might want to look into that. I hope that you find Memory Lane to be a happy place.

michael (not John) :icon_wink:
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:15 AM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

michael,

you are quicker than Jason now Jackie. When I signed the email saying I feel like I should be Julie or Jill, he wrote back and asked what I meant....lol

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 12:20 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Paula..Yes life is a mysterious journey..Sometimes we are re-connected with people for a reason, and we dont know what that reason is untill it becomes hindsight..Everytime those kinds of circmstances have been presented to me there was always a reason, and usually it was to touch my life somehow..I will include your friend John in my prayers

Steve