advertisement

Old 12-27-2009, 07:28 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused SSDI Backpay/Award questions

Hi, I have a question about SSDI backpay. I was approved for social security disabled adult child benefits on September 22, 2009. My backpay was returned on October 22, 2009 due to incorrect banking address. The amount of my retroactive payment was $22,332.60 My onset date was March 06 1 month prior to my 18th brithday. It took four trips to the local offoce to get the direct deposit information changed. So far they have been sending me critical payments every 2 week or so. On december 1 I got two checks for the same amount $1720. I went to the local office and they said it was an advance of my backpay in the form of a critical payment. They sent me an advance check of some of my backpay with my fourth wensday monthly check. They still owe me about $19,000 in backpay. I am still waiting on my notice of award explaining my benefit amount. I have talked to the local office about my backpay and they said the payment center is working on it and that when a big check gets returned they want to make sure it goes to the right place. I never had expected that they would take over 90 days to issue all of my backpay. It would be nice if they could finish thier "work" buy 2010. Has anyone else had a similar expierence like this?
AHcrazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-27-2009, 11:21 PM #2
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have not had this kind of experience but had been warned by my attorney that receiving back pay in increments is not uncommon. It took me three years to get approved and two months to get my back pay.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote