advertisement

Old 01-21-2007, 08:50 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Neopets Guild for Gluten Free players

I don't have any financial interest in Neopets but think it's a great tool to teach kids all kinds of stuff and fun for everyone.

Joining Neopets and playing the games is all free (for those who don't know) but they do sell merchandise.

So, I've been working on setting up a gluten free guild for some gluten free fun.

Please tell anyone you know who enjoys neopets... esp. kids, who I'm hoping, will learn some extra coping skills there whilst having fun and being supportive of eachother.

Please be patient with me though, I'm just learning html and so am still working on making it pretty and getting a proper logo. I'm just so excited about it that I couldn't wait to tell everyone at NT and BT!

This is the link: http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?id=2801166

And these are the (make-believe) prizes that the guild is giving away for tasks completed. (These are very big, expensive prizes - for those who don't know. They cost me a lot of points that I earned playing games there.)

This is some of the front page:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome! So, you're gluten free too! Well, c'mon in and have a piece of fruit... preferably organic.

WE HAVE HUGE PRIZES!

JANUARY'S PRIZE
Number of prizes available: 5

Prize: Blueberry Jam Sandwiches
(on gf bread, of course - heehee)

Prize Task: Answer the following question:
Name five gluten free flours and/or starches.

01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)

Last edited by KimS; 01-22-2007 at 01:19 AM.
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 PM #2
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Kim...

Thanks... So far, we have escaped the neopets... but I will have to check this out for J!

Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 07:07 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, C and I signed up today. We're gfrach.

Rachel
rachelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:34 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Rachel. Glad to see you there. I got the logo done today... finally. It took me a long time to figure out how to reduce the photo.

I'm thinking there might be a food photo challenge in the future for people to have their own photo of their own recipe up there in our Logo box.

I'm surprised that I already have another member that wasn't invited. Glad to see that. Makes me think that maybe there is a 'slot' to fill in the gf world for kids.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
Old 01-28-2007, 06:16 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Special Notice:

I unwittingly put up a contest and prizes, not realizing that prize giving (even make-believe prizes) is against the rules on Neopets.

This made me a little sad BUT the team at Neopets works very hard to provide a safe internet playground for all of us and we NEVER want to go against that

BECAUSE

if Neopets became a place that was not safe, then lots of people would leave here and it might have to

~~~SHUDDER~~~

close down!

However, we will still have our monthly tasks and even better... everyone can post their answers on the message board right away!

No more waiting for Neomail to go through or for Cookermama to finally look in her neomail basket!

Hooray!!

So you see, in some ways it will be even better than before!

And so because I'm brand new at learning html, it's going to take me some time to get the old information back up... so please bear with the frequent changes as I try to fix things.

This is all within the realm of learning how to do something new and within a given set of rules. Even grownups don't always get all the rules the first time around!

Try, try again!

Oh, and don't worry, this time I've been smart enough to copy all the coding into a word document each time I make a change to the coding!

Kind regards as always,

Cookermama