Computers and Technology A general forum for discussions about computers, technology, and the Internet. If you just want to "geek out" or talk about how computers tick, then this is the place!

advertisement

Old 03-18-2010, 07:30 AM #1
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default New Virus targets FAcebook users

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE62G5A420100317

It was reported by McAfee, that there is a new virus that is attacking Facebook.

You get an EMAIL instructing you that your facebook information has been changed, and it asks you to CLICK on the link in the email.

PLEASE DONT Click Links in Emails unless you are positive you know who it came from. It unleashes at least 10 virus programs that STEAL your passwords, and it hopes to recover bank/stock/financial passwords.

Please keep your antivirus up to date, and use MalWareBytes.com its a FREE program. It is to be used WITH your current antivirus program. do a quick scan once a week or so, and you will be impressed. I frequently find after playing on FB I am infected. MalWareBytes finds it everytime, even when my normal virus program doesnt.

I have seen Nortons/McAfee/AVG/Avira/ and so on, report a clean scan, and then malwarebytes rings up 12 virus' after a visit to FB.

I hope you are all being super careful after playing there. its a fun place, but like going into a school full of infected children, you must wash your hands when you get home. Be safe.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (03-18-2010), Bobbi (03-19-2010), Jomar (03-18-2010), Kitty (03-18-2010)

advertisement
Old 03-18-2010, 09:48 AM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Thanks! I passed this on to my boys and a couple of people I know who use Facebook.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote