advertisement

Old 03-22-2010, 04:41 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default on line forms and informaton

i am begining to think i did not give enough detail info on my intail online application for ss disabilty , i know thwy get all you rmedical stuff, but i was assuming that they would call or ask for more info at a later date. Now i hope i didnt mess up by not telling enough about my pain and limitaions?
what do yuou think ? can i send them a letter telling them more or would that look bad?
thank you
wdwgranny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-23-2010, 12:55 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Social Security will send you forms about your Activities of Daily Living where you can write down what you do during the day. They may also send a pain questionnaire. It takes a couple of months for the application to be processed and sent to Disability Determination Services, so the forms should be coming pretty quickly. Remember to always tell them how long you can sit, stand and walk and how much you can lift. Also mention how much you need to lie down during the day. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgranny View Post
i am begining to think i did not give enough detail info on my intail online application for ss disabilty , i know thwy get all you rmedical stuff, but i was assuming that they would call or ask for more info at a later date. Now i hope i didnt mess up by not telling enough about my pain and limitaions?
what do yuou think ? can i send them a letter telling them more or would that look bad?
thank you
afoster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:25 AM #3
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
thank you
This is normal but you have to stop at some point or you'll end up writing a book. SS will send you a form stating that they need more information if they do. They will send you to their doctors and he or she will assess you. Don't try to look to good. Look how you feel. If it hurts say it hurts, this is not the time to be brave. If you get denied no fear you have a couple of appeals and if you feel overwhelmed, you have a right to representation, at the attorneys cost if you lose and they take it out of your backpay if you win.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:07 AM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
thank you
I fear you may be right. Without the ability to attach medical evidence and suplemental forms is a major downside to filing online. I always recommend people file the 'paper' version. This is only an opinion.
You can always add to your file but all additins must be done ASAP. I would recommend two supplemental forms, RFC (residual function capab ilities) which is completed by your doctor and the Adult Function Report which you complete. This is a very detailed form and will give SSA all the details you forgot in your first application. **
Personally, I don't trust the SSA to request additional information or to amle committed attempts to contact your medical resource. I believe the Social Security Administration is a culture of denial and they will use any excuse to deny you.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDIHelp View Post
I fear you may be right. Without the ability to attach medical evidence and suplemental forms is a major downside to filing online. I always recommend people file the 'paper' version. This is only an opinion.
You can always add to your file but all additins must be done ASAP. I would recommend two supplemental forms, RFC (residual function capab ilities) which is completed by your doctor and the Adult Function Report which you complete. This is a very detailed form and will give SSA all the details you forgot in your first application. **
Personally, I don't trust the SSA to request additional information or to amle committed attempts to contact your medical resource. I believe the Social Security Administration is a culture of denial and they will use any excuse to deny you.
You can submit any paper you want, but SSA will convert it either to an electronic version by typing in the data or will scan it into the electronic folder so that it does become an electronic record. Medical evidence and supplemental forms also become electronic records. A paper folder is an exception.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:36 PM #6
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
thank you
You're confusing me you have two threads going. I have the answer to this thread in irritractable thread. All I can suggest is to call your local office.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote