Myasthenia Gravis For support and discussions on Myasthenia Gravis, Congenital Myasthenic Syndromes and LEMS.

advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 05:05 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Teeth lets just laugh about mg

having mg for since 1983 went into remission till 2006 you never know what its going to do.I have now learned to laugh went speech is bad and saliva is running down your mouth you can really find out fast who your true friends are, i now just ask them to pretend i am a drunk ,slurred speech, droppy eyelids, maybe can walk maybe not,maybe can chew maybe not,see my head flop over just let me sleep,if I go with you to dinner dont help me till I turn blue my drink my be going down wrong pipe i should be fine maybe,maybe not
we have to laugh or else we go insane,and maybe need the head doc, to tell us we are not going crazy this is really happing to us.Not making lite of head doc. I go just to make sure i am fine.

Lets all give ourselves a big hug try a little harder now we can do this.we are strong people God only give strong people A big disease like this.
sjenkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-30-2010, 10:08 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to the group, SJenkins!! I look forward to getting to know ya!! Yay, another Southern "accent" -- LOL!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:23 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome! I write from wet Rhode Island, where my husband is home early because the schools are closed because there's so much rain. We walked a block down to the river, which is as high as the bridges that cross it. The roads themselves are like rivers in some places, so we had to keep a tight hold on my six-year-old to keep hiim from being swept away in the current! It was a glorious walk. I can't explain why I am so strong today--two days ago I never would have attempted such a thing--and I will surely pay for this tomorrow, but it was worth it.

And now to face the laundry we just generated...

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:07 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome to the boards! Having lived with MG so long I anticipate that you will have great wisdom to share!
Aw3sk3r is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:54 PM #5
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi, Sjenkins. Welcome.

Whether to laugh, cry or whatever is up to everyone. Right now, I don't feel like laughing about my MG since it's flaring, even though I still have a good attitude about it.

I'm sorry you went out of remission. I hope your docs can help you get back there. It's nice to know that someone did go into it, though.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote