Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thank you texans

Its been awhile since I have been inspired to write. I mean… really write. A lot of stuff rummages around in my mind and the ability to put these ponderings on paper has eluded me.. mainly because of my refusal to allow myself to relax. The onset of 2007 began on a new note for me. I set out on an excursion. A vacation of sorts. I went to Texas. Not to go to a parkinsons awareness thingy. Just to go visit parkies. I had a great time. I met some awesome folks, (along with visiting my daughter in dallas… J, and a dear old friend in Marble Falls.. J,), and got back a part of myself . I relaxed. I played. I shared. I learned. When I returned home, I found the inspiration to write again. Just a small piece, but one I would like to share.

A world of exploration is available to all who seek it. Each human is inquisitive to whatever degree of adaptability they can allow room. A challenge is laid before us each time a steadfast principal we have laid claim to is altered. The change of thought may come to us quickly through hard circumstance or slowly as years pass and time changes innocence to naivety to experienced and finally to wisdom. The quests through the years never end as what is found when you come to each conclusion is not the final answer. It is another step in the knowledge of life. Another insight to our soul and what we are really made of.

In the stillness of retrospect we find that this world will be as it always has been. Whatever we make it. Nothing can change what has happened in our lives, or what will happen in the future. What can change is how we react to each event. Allowing ourselves room to be human keeps the door open to exploration. Allowing others the same turns the thirst for knowledge into a life long adventure. We are all survivors. The adventures have all been different in each person’s exploration. Yet, the navigation has landed us all here.. for now. It will be another day of circumstances we cannot control, and another day of finding out how human we all are. There is nothing but our own choice of adaptation beyond that.

advertisement
Old 01-25-2007, 10:33 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks

I was just thinking the same thing. Well put, Laura.

michael b.
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote