Computers and Technology A general forum for discussions about computers, technology, and the Internet. If you just want to "geek out" or talk about how computers tick, then this is the place!

advertisement

Old 04-24-2010, 10:28 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up FREE pdf creator - 3 easy steps

I am fortunate to have the full version of Adobe Acrobat that I used when I was still working. So I have the ability to create pdf documents from anything, including webpages. I have found this particularly helpful as I have searched and studied information relating to my health problems. I have a virtual file cabinet of documents I have created over the last 5-6 years stored on my computer.

For the majority of people who use the free version of Acrobat Reader, I have discovered a terrific freeware that will create pdf documents from virtually anything - CutePDF Writer. I have installed and tested it on a computer that only runs Acrobat Reader. It is easy to install, simple to use, and creates a basic pdf document that can be viewed with Acrobat Reader. CNet gives it 4.5 stars. I give it 5.

Here’s how simple it is - 3 easy steps:

1. From any document or webpage, choose Print from the File menu:

2. Select CutePDF as the printer you want to use and click Print:

3. Name your document and click Save:

It will create a pdf document like the one attached to this post. I used the NeuroTalk website as a sample, but you can also create pdf documents from Excel, Word, jpeg, etc. You can create a pdf from any document you can print.

The software can be downloaded here:

CutePDF Writer Freeware

You will only need the Free Download. The Free Converter will install automatically.

I hope everyone finds this helpful for saving websites as pdf documents.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CutePDF Sample.pdf (180.2 KB, 267 views)

My SFN story:
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (04-26-2010), mrsD (04-27-2010)

advertisement