Myasthenia Gravis For support and discussions on Myasthenia Gravis, Congenital Myasthenic Syndromes and LEMS.

advertisement

Old 04-26-2010, 10:37 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool Newbie Saying Hello!

Just saying Hello, I dont know why I just thought about joining a forum with people who know the struggles of MG. I am 24 and i was diagnosed back in 2005/06 . I pretty much blew of my diagnosis because i was fine for the most part until last year i had a crisis and i was hospitalized over a month I am currently on prednisone & mestinon .... My doctor wants me to start cell cept which im not really sure about. I went from rarely being sick to having a cardiologist, pulmonary doc, and a neurologist anyhow I am grateful to still be ticking .... Thanks for reading
diva.baby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva.baby View Post
Just saying Hello, I dont know why I just thought about joining a forum with people who know the struggles of MG. I am 24 and i was diagnosed back in 2005/06 . I pretty much blew of my diagnosis because i was fine for the most part until last year i had a crisis and i was hospitalized over a month I am currently on prednisone & mestinon .... My doctor wants me to start cell cept which im not really sure about. I went from rarely being sick to having a cardiologist, pulmonary doc, and a neurologist anyhow I am grateful to still be ticking .... Thanks for reading
Welcome Diva!
suev is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
diva.baby (04-26-2010)
Old 04-27-2010, 01:03 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi and welcome,

sorry you are going through all this. I know what you mean about being helthy then visiting heaps of doctors.

There is a thread about cellcept, which I will bump up for you, if you've got any questions about it, just ask, we are a friendly helpful bunch here
Kate

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Groucho Marx
redtail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
diva.baby (04-27-2010)
Old 04-27-2010, 07:52 AM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default newbie saying hello!

Divababy,
Hi and welcome. I see Redtail posted what I wrote about cellcept so you could see it, thanks Redtail. I have had some very extreme side effects from it. I too am on pred and Mestinon. When you read the post you can tell that some people have done well on it and others haven't. I think the most important thing is to pay very close attention to any side effect so you can pinpoint it to cellcept. My worst side effect was chronic memory loss. I would consider it demensia like. I also had insomnia, night sweats and a constant feeling or anxiousness and shaking in my hands. I was not aware that memory loss was a side effect until I contacted my neuro so just be sure to let them know about anything that seems our of the ordinary if you decide to start it. I feel for you in having to make this decision. I filled the RX and let it sit for 2 weeks before deciding to give it a try. I have had malignant melanoma in the past and was terrified of getting it again from cellcept. Sometimes I wonder if the horrible reaction I have had to it is Gods way of telling me that I should not be on it. I wish you the best and hope you find a treatment that works for you whether it is cellcept or something else.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
diva.baby (04-27-2010)
Old 04-27-2010, 08:05 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Diva Baby,

Welcome to the group! You will like it here. As you can see any questions you have will gladly be answered. I was diagnosed in 01 and only take Mestinon, so I can't help with any cellcept guestions. Hope you do well on it and keep us updated. Take care.

Hugs,
Pat
Pat 110 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:26 AM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Welcome Diva Baby! I have Ocular MG and am on Prednisone, CellCept and Mestinon. Weaning down presently on Prednisone! Yeah! I started CellCept after Infuran didn't work (bad side effects). I have night sweats, some memory loss which I thought was due to my age (60) hee! hee! but don't know of any other side effects. I am on 2000 mg daily. I have had so many side effects from the Prednisone that it is hard to tell if any are from CellCept. All I know is that the combination of Prednisone and CellCept got my double vision under control to some extent. When I added Mestinon a month ago the double vision almost went away completely! I wish you the best and pray for you to make the right decision for you. Kathie
Kathie Glenn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
diva.baby (04-28-2010)
Old 04-28-2010, 09:57 AM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The memory loss is a big Problem for me !!! I will be in school and i cant afford to have memory problems
diva.baby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote