Pets & Wildlife For discussion of the pets in our lives, and the wildlife we come across.

advertisement

Old 04-28-2010, 07:11 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hissie and Paradise

Hello fellow animal lovers!!!! I have 2 kitty cats that I adore. Both were rescue cats. My old girl Hissie is 16. About 1/2 yrs. ago Hiss had to have intestional surgery. I nursed her like a baby. There have been struggles since the surgery, but Hiss is doing pretty well for an old kitty. My husband and me spent several thousand on Hiss, that we really could not afford. But, she is so worth it. I found Hissie 4 yrs. ago in a parking lot. About starved to death. She gets her name because she use to hiss an awful lot at us. But, with time, patience and lots of love, Hissie became a sweetheart. She was so obviously abused. Hiss is somewhat reclusive around other people. But, with me and my husband she is just a big old baby.

My other kitty cat is 3 yrs. old and her name is Paradise. My grandson named her. It was my grandson's cat at first. They lived in the country and Paradise got loose from inside the house. A neighbor deliberately shot this little animal in the face. My daughter's husband rushed Paradise to the vet. She lost one eye and hearing in one ear. My daughter was so afraid she would get loose again after that. So, she gave Paradise to me. Neither one of my cats go outside. It is just too risky. Anyway, Paradise has the most gentle and sweet soul. Being shot didn't effect those beautiful qualities in her. Paradise makes me laugh daily. She is such a little clown.

Both cats bring me joy each day. When I am not feeling good, they will cheer me up. I love all animals. And so hate people that are mean to animals and abuse them just out of cruelty. My husband is just as crazy about our cats as me. We call them our babies. They both are so spoiled. But, they deserve it. They give so much back to us.

Just a little story about my kitties. God bless.
kaybritches100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (04-29-2010), Kitty (04-29-2010)

advertisement
Old 04-29-2010, 03:43 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome to NT. You are among a lot of animal lovers. I think we need them as much as they need us. I have 5 cats. The 2 older cats, Tigre & Scooter, are 16+ years old, and I have had them since they are kittens.

I adopted Ollie from an animal rescue. I stumbled across his photo on the internet and knew instantly he belonged with me. He was one of 100 cats rescued from a breeder a year before. All of the others had been adopted out. Ollie had been adopted and returned twice. The vet reports I was given stated that he "could be considered feral". But within the first 24 hours, I had him curled up next to me on the sofa purring. He was 3 years old when I adopted him and I have had him for 5 years now. At first he hid when strangers were in the house, but now he greets them at the door.

I've had Cagney & Lacy since September. We opened the door one morning and they were there waiting. I think they were probably about 8 - 9 weeks old. We live in the country, so I'm sure someone dumped them. There are only 6 houses on our road, and the other 5 houses have dogs. So, they were pretty clever to find our home.

Cagney & Lacy are pictured in my Avatar. You can see all of them in the "Kids" album in my profile. You should create an album with photos of Hissie and Paradise.

Again, welcome. And thanks for sharing your story of Hissie and Paradise.

My SFN story:
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (04-29-2010)
Old 04-29-2010, 07:44 AM #3
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Yes, please do make a photo album. You obviously have a gentle nature, and your cats respond to that, I think. They are lucky to have you, kay.

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I think you will enjoy it here, as many of us have interesting pets.

I have some pics in my photo album too. Our oldest cat is now 24 and still "going" like the energizing bunny. Only she does not "move" quickly anymore and is not able to jump up. I have a low box in the living room she uses to get to her chair, and a set of pet stairs in the bedroom for the bed. She is still Alpha however to the other two. Our youngest cat (9) likes to hide behind doors and jump out at Sheba to get a hiss or even a combo hiss/snort now and then. UpNorth Oreo hides behind bushes and does the same thing... LOL

We used to have a cat many years ago that would jump out at US that way upNorth. We have an outhouse because we live on an island in the summers and that makes things more "rustic". She loved to hide at night and jump out at us when we exited. When I was younger I could be a bit spooked in the very dark dark of that place (no electricity or city near by) and she knew it. It only took one or two "eeeeeekkkkks" from me to establish that game for her! heheheheheh.... She also used to hide in the trees nearby at night and make noises! We could always tell when the bear were near, because she'd be on the roof of the outhouse, or the shed fairly often! She was a funny cat sometimes too! But she is long gone now...sigh. Since then I have put in a cat door so they can come and go when they want.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote