Computers and Technology A general forum for discussions about computers, technology, and the Internet. If you just want to "geek out" or talk about how computers tick, then this is the place!

advertisement

Old 05-03-2010, 03:21 PM #1
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question What is Google analytics.com? Hanging me up HERE??

I am having problems on this site all weekend, and is hanging me up today big time. Pages not loading etc.

Any clues? Any thoughts? It is really irritating me big time.

When this hangs up my loading bar is 90% filled. And sits there!

Yahoo is slow for me, and Weather.com both have many ads!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-03-2010, 04:26 PM #2
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

google analytics is what webmasters use to track their site traffic. one needs an account with Google to use it

so it may be that some websites you are visiting are experiencing a lag while logging your visit to their analytics? just guessing

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:00 PM #3
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question

Well, it is showing up only here for me, and stalling me out.

I wonder if it is connected to the other Google problems I am having? (slow and stalled requests)

It is especially problematic when I hit User CP and New Posts.
And it is not every minute, but here and there.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:02 PM #4
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

hmmm now that is strange

one can see in the lower left corner while a page is loading...if it goes via analytics, that is where it will show. Mine flashes by so quickly here on NT that I cannot even see the stages from loading to done

so yes, it may be related to Google connection probs in your area

your internet service should be able to run a trace route for you to see where the slowdown is happening I think....

Old 05-03-2010, 06:20 PM #5
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Is that happening with Firefox only or IE also??
Have you flushed the browser cache or cleaned out possible bad cookies?
Tips here - FF/Mozilla -
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_load..._some_websites
Old 05-03-2010, 06:33 PM #6
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

I'll try that flush.... but we do 3 scans for cookies each weekend, and most are empty? duh?

It is Firefox. newest edition.

It has to be the internet, because it was happening on the upstairs laptops this morning too.

Yesterday is was TERRIBLE...
Today, now it seems okay, but I would stall out and the
analytics would freeze in the little box on the lower left of the page. That is how I saw it so well.

Yesterday our DSL was blinking red, on and off. Today it seems okay, and hubby rebooted everything just in case. We've had storms for two days, passing thru, and now another is just overhead ready to blast away. They are not really severe, but I wonder if the flooding in other states has affected the routing of the net where we are?

This problem has severely impaired my ability to move around here, so I've just stayed off for the most part. I typically get on, then freeze up just when I need to have stuff working!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:12 PM #7
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
It is Firefox. newest edition.
it does sound like you are having Internet probs

but

just an FYI that there are many complaints about the latest FF update

it seems incompatible with some sites or scripts. there has been a problem on the Ning social networks related to it...none of the images in certain flash players working with any FF over 3.0 but showing perfectly when one switches over to Internet Explorer!

some people have downgraded back to the last FF 2 update until the probs are fixed!

Old 05-04-2010, 06:30 AM #8
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

I cleared the cache this morning..and we'll see how it goes.

Ebay was working ok, and surprisingly I could do a game on Facebook (which is a flash player). Although Facebook sometimes comes on and says "enable cookies", which is puzzling. I use one game to test myself each day...reflexes etc..and it is a good marker to see if I am doing well, or need a nap, etc. The game is a good right brain user and somewhat therapeutic for me.

However, the maps wouldn't load on Weather.com and Yahoo was fussy. Some of my clicks on a Google search wouldn't load yesterday. Sort of like the problem we had a short time ago with Google in general.

Firefox is a system hog, I found out. When you log off sometimes it will not go back for several minutes, saying "it is still running". I've seen this on their website. It is something about the "tabs" programing. So I try to keep my tabs low in number because of that. Maybe I should have Kevin put in another gig of RAM ...we thought 1Gig was enough for us to putz around with, but maybe not anymore?

Old 05-05-2010, 09:23 AM #9
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Things are slowing improving....must be Google again! It is still stalling sometimes on Google, and "loading". But the terrible slows I was having here, seem less.

I am not staying online so long as before, and also keeping tabs down. That seems to help.

I am going to ask my son if some RAM upgrade is possible and if he will do it. That might help too.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:49 AM #10

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just this morning I got a call from the property I support - one of the computers was having a similar problem with a government site they are required to upload information to.

I spent close to an hour on the problem before I remembered one of the utility programs I normally use. Ran it, and the problem cleared up. It might work for you.

It is CCleaner (sometimes referred to as Cr@p Cleaner or Clutter Cleaner). It is free and you can download here:

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You will want to run both the Cleaner and Registry. When you run the Registry, it will give you an option to backup the Registry first. Do that. But, also set a Restore Point before running either. If you don't know how to do that, you can see the instructions in the thread: pc simple communications controller

I hope it works for you. I know how frustrating it can be.

Also, while you are at the CCleaner website, check out Speccy. When I went to their site to copy the link for you, I happened to notice it. I downloaded and tried. It is incredible. It gathers all of your system information - right down to what peripherals are attached. It also gathers the information on the RAM.

That might be something to look at. I would think 1GB of RAM would be plenty for pulling in the NT site. We have several computers. Some with 2 GB and others with 1GB. I tried opening the site with the 1GB computer, and it opened fine. So, you might have some program hogging the RAM.

Good luck. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My SFN story:
plgerrard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (05-05-2010), mrsD (05-05-2010)