advertisement

Old 05-21-2010, 01:02 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Will they take back state disabilty that was paid out?

I recived award for ssdi a month or two ago I called today to see if any new info and was told I would recive my first monthly payment in June witch is awsome I ask about my back pay and was given the total dollar amount witch was awsome too it was more then I hoped she said that it should come soon that they hade to pay my atty fee and make sure no other moneys were owed I did recive state disibilty for one year back from feb of 2006 to feb of 2007 but I did not file for ssdi till oct of 07 so will they make me pay back the state disabilty even if I collected it many months before I filed for my ssdi? If anyone has an answer it would help me to know thanks for you help
walkerslbje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerslbje View Post
I recived award for ssdi a month or two ago I called today to see if any new info and was told I would recive my first monthly payment in June witch is awsome I ask about my back pay and was given the total dollar amount witch was awsome too it was more then I hoped she said that it should come soon that they hade to pay my atty fee and make sure no other moneys were owed I did recive state disibilty for one year back from feb of 2006 to feb of 2007 but I did not file for ssdi till oct of 07 so will they make me pay back the state disabilty even if I collected it many months before I filed for my ssdi? If anyone has an answer it would help me to know thanks for you help
I don't think they will if the money wasn't overlapping.

Congratulations! Well done!

It took me so long to get help, and then the amount I got was tiny, but that was because IRS had put me out of business when I was still well, basically, that was how I began to have so many health problems.

Now IRS was taking nearly a hundred dollars a month out of my social security which started out near $550 a month...

Makes staying motivated hard.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:26 PM #3
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
walkerslbje here is some information that may help you, I will see if there is anything else that applies to you:

1. http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/...i=&p_topview=1

2. http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/...i=&p_topview=1

Here is another question and answer.

3.http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin/...i=&p_topview=1
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:31 PM #4
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConsiderThis View Post
I don't think they will if the money wasn't overlapping.

Congratulations! Well done!

It took me so long to get help, and then the amount I got was tiny, but that was because IRS had put me out of business when I was still well, basically, that was how I began to have so many health problems.

Now IRS was taking nearly a hundred dollars a month out of my social security which started out near $550 a month...

Makes staying motivated hard.
Sorry to hear that, that's awful, so they are taking out $100 out of the $550?
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:47 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
There can be an offset if the periods overlap like a previous poster stated. Based on what you said, there is no overlap. But if SSA hasn't seen proof of that, you may still need to provide proof that the periods don't overlap. However, you may have done that in 2007 when you first applied. Generally, the payment center will contact you if they need the proof. Your local office may or may not be able to answer the question.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
Sorry to hear that, that's awful, so they are taking out $100 out of the $550?
They were, it was brutal.

Then my water was going to be shut off again and I wrote a lot of letters saying I was tired of fighting it, and fine. They could shut if off, I'd try to remain calm and enjoy what time I had left.

When my water was shut off a few years ago it really impacted my health... it amazes me that they would do that rather than wait two days for me to transfer money. Back then I still had money to transfer.

So after I sent out a lot of those letters social security approved my disability and gave me $62 supplemental income. By having my disability approved I get not quite a hundred more a month... I receive so little because IRS put me out of business collecting 1984, which I'd paid in 1985... they took all my money, so after that I was afraid to borrow enough to restart, because I couldn't be sure I could pay it back if IRS could do that...

then, from not sleeping I began to have a lot of pain... etc. health problems date from that.

Anyway, after I started getting supplemental income IRS stopped taking the $100.

Thank you SO much for responding.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:44 AM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Got my Answer today

Quote:
Well I got my award letter today and I did get backpay all the way to feb 2006 They reopened my case that I let close I was told it could not happen but it did they did tale some money for the state disabilty I collected from feb 06 to
feb 07 but even after that I ended up with more then I was hoping so I am very happy I have not got any papers for my kids yet but they told me they hade there info so it won't be long I hope I get my backpay soon the award did not have a date for payment on that but it did say I would get my first monthly check in June and it did say that they already took the money to pay my atty with out so I don't think it will take long I'm hoping this week if not I will call them I hope all of u are having some luck with your claims take care and god bless

Walkerslbje
walkerslbje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:54 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What day of the month is your birthday W ?

Which Wednesday you get your check depends on the day of the month you were born.......

Second Wednesday
If birth date on 1st - 10th

Third Wednesday
If birth date on 11th - 20th

Fourth Wednesday
If birth date on 21st - 31st
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:56 PM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Not sure if that is right. I was born on the 8th and get my check around the 3rd of every month.
Hoosier_Daddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 AM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

that table doesnt apply if you have dependents receiving benefits also. so because you have dependants you get your check on the third.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote