Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 05-22-2010, 08:55 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What ever happened to

What ever happened to Carl Hernz and www.ihastheparkinsons.com? He disappeared off of Facebook too.
rd42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-23-2010, 03:44 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd42 View Post
What ever happened to Carl Hernz and www.ihastheparkinsons.com? He disappeared off of Facebook too.
His "I has the Parkinson's" site is gone, along with all the Bad Kitties.
He has been gone from facebook but showed up there again last week; may be gone again. He suffers much,
Also known as Carlos H*edited*, depending on whether or not he is riding a horse into the high sierra.
Hey Carl, you are very brave and much loved. Keep on keeping on...
by the way Carl does things like compare 10 different translations of the Bible, The boy is a comedian and a writer but he for sure knows the Scriptures

Last edited by Jomar; 05-24-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: last name removed
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:50 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

He is back on facebook with the following explanation:

Carl Hernz is a reject from a penal island of misfit and marginalized outcast pariahs.

That explains it all
Old 05-23-2010, 06:46 AM #4
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Square peg

misfit, reject, pariah
Sounds like reason for concern. I looked for the site too in searching for links for our site.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:08 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Alive, Well, No Horse

I am alive and well, though as Bob mentions I have indeed been struggling since I do not seem to handle most PD meds well at all.

The blog was taken down because all the entries were originally being placed into novel form. It was to be replaced by a follow up blog and new site, but before the final touches of the new blog and book were complete my current treatment for PD failed. I also suffered from a physical accident at the same time.

I went on an extended hiatus during which time someone I left in charge to answer emails and keep up with Facebook pushed all the wrong buttons and closed my accounts in the belief that I would do better without having to "follow up with such nonsense when I returned." I also lost a vlog entry because of them.

Needless to say that individual was let go.

I was saving this for a later announcement, but let it be known here that "I Has the Parkinson's" will be released in book form this year. It has been divided into three "children's books for adults," heavily illustrated by yours truly, with plenty of Bad Kitty in all of them. The first book will be available in July. A new site will be available then too, lighter on the blogging, heavier on video entries and shot in 3D for optional viewing.

The blog entries from "I Has the Parkinson's" have been produced into a one-man show that will premiere to a test audience this September. The new site and Facebook will explain more as I get closer to this date.

And yes, doctors have finally found a combination of meds that seem to work--finally.

Oh, and I don't ride around on a horse through any deserts. I may play with my dessert with a toy horse, but nothing like what Bob says...Bob's from Canada, and we all know Canadians are easily confused due to all the beer drinking they engage in to keep warm.

That's what my Aunt China says about him, anyway.
Carl Hernz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:24 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default meanwhile, at facebook, Carl's horse is waiting

Carl said: Just last week I was feeling like everyone was making everything I attempted harder to do and that the entire world was against me. Turns out I was right.

Bob said: Carl, the Neurotalkers at psych central sent out an all-points bulletin asking for you.
We were just about to declare martial law to avoid riots in the streets. Your supporters were hurling their canes and walkers and wheelchairs at the police barricades. The Mexican border was shut down for a week, the Canadian border was shut down permanently, not that anyone would notice. The crowds are chanting your name; we can't hold them back much longer.

Carl said: I sent a reply to the original questioner. I am indeed returning with a new blog. The book is about to be released, and there is a one-man show version of the blog stories I am bringing to the stage in September. I was going to announce this in a couple of weeks, but alas I had to do something now to keep the riots from breaking out.

Bob: Oh wow; there is no way i can get down your way to see the one-man show; oh wow Carl, it has to be videotaped and i would sure pay to have it on CD or DVD - Parkie one-man show on stage? Yes! Yes! Yes!
Keep us all in tune about your book and stage shows. Don't disappear anymore. A one-man Parkie blog live on stage??? Great idea. We need you to do this, Carl. It is very important for us all.
In the High Sierra of Mexico, they speak of one man, his name is Carlos, and he rides a white horse...
Carl said: "Thanks. The September show will be a tryout to see what needs to be tweaked. It will then be performed in two or three outlets around the US and recorded on video for distribution. I will try to get as close to you as possible on one of those three performances, Bob, even if it means crossing the border into Canada-land to do so."
Old 05-24-2010, 01:00 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the update Carl. I enjoy your sense of humor. You may be able to "undelete" your facebook account by re registering with the same email.

Robert
rd42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:38 PM #8
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default flashback to Zorro

Nice to meet you Carl. Bob tends to understate things don't you think? Will look for your upcoming efforts to make us laugh out loud, as I just did reading your post.

be well - well - as well as one can be.....

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote