advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 06:47 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Alj can reopen old claim for ssdi

Well I got my award letter yesterday and the alj did reopen my first claim that I did not appeal and made ss pay me back to the last day I worked witch was in feb of 2006 then after taken back 5 months my payments started on July of 06 I did not think they could do that but from what I've read if they see enough eviidence showing that you were disabled then they have the right to reopen but I was told that it can't be more then a year from your last letter from them it worked for me so don't forget to ask your atty if they think u have a shot then u wil be very happy I know I am amd now it look like they have already added up all my benifits and have paid my atty fees. Oh the other nice thing is my atty only gets 5300 not 6000 like they said I think it is because my case started so far back so sweet I get an extra 700 for me witch will help replace my sons old bed that is falling apart so please ask your atty if you did have a claim u did not appeal if the can ask to reopen it got me an extra 1 almost witch is 1798.65 a month nothing to sneeze at lol this is a good time for my family and I after 4 years of fighting I pushed
my way thru even after being treated like I was lying in the end if you hold on you can make it thru the system so no matter how bad you think things are don't give up keep pushing I did even when there were weeks I hade to have garage sales just to get enough money to feed my kids for the week we made it they got our dream home our cars our credit but not with the backpay and my monthly paYments I can live like a human agin and feel like I'm a part of my family agin and not just dead. Weight on them so good luck to all of you still fighting don't give up.there is an end to all of this if u just hang in there god bless all of u amd thanks for your help and kind words

Walkerslbje
walkerslbje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-26-2010, 02:58 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm glad for you W
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote