advertisement

Old 05-26-2010, 04:05 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post Atty get paid per person out of your back pay so if you have kids look out!!!

If you have kids and win your ssdi case your Atty gets paid per person out of your back pay I just found this out from soc sec office so if you have kids and have paid in enough to recive payments for your kids look out the atty get 25% up to 5300 per person my atty did not say a word to me in fact I asked her point blank what the max I would have to pay her and she said 5300 then to rub salt in the knife in my back she sent me a bill for 69 bucks saying it was for Copy's she is ou of her mind if she thinks i'm gonna pay that he'll I have no credit after all the years of waiting to get paid so I'm gonna send her a letter saying she can take it out of the huge amount of money she has allready taken he'll I could have bought a new car with what I paid her so no way I'm paying for copy's lol I hate atty lol crooks all the way mine did not even have to go to court I won as soon as the judge looked at my files and as soon as I won't case she will not answer my calls anymore I don't know how they can sleep at night doing this to people who have already been thru so much I belive in karma and she will get hers that is a fact hope this helps somone u don't need an atty just good medical records and a good DR and you can win the judge even said it's was my doctors letter that made my case so live and learn I guess i'm still getting a nice amount just could have been more take care
walkerslbje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 05-26-2010, 04:29 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

no attorney fees were taken out of my 2 kids backpay
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:46 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Odd that's what the lady At soc sec said

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
that is odd I wonder why the gal from soc sec would tell me that I asked my atty what the max amount it would cost me if I won and she said 5300 so I wonder if the lady at soc sec was wrong I'm gonna try and call my atty to see what she says
Old 05-26-2010, 07:04 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Talked to my atty

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
well you were right my atty said she hade allready sent them her bill it was for 5400 so I don't know what the lady at soc sec was talking about I am gonna call her tomarrow and make sire she does not try to hold that 8000 he'll that's alot of money I could pay off my mom the money she lent me and not have to take it from my award amount that will be nice I am very lucky I've seen alot of people on here who owe all there back pay to bills or family I am lucky all I owe is the 8000 so I will still have a bunch of money left over and it will be all mine this will be the first time in years that I don't feel sick when I pay the bills cuz there is only like 200 to last me a week and that does not go far when u have 2 kids and gas and food for all of us so it is a good day and from here on out I can try to take care of myself and mabe get some sleep lol thanks agin for you post
Old 05-26-2010, 07:08 PM #5
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerslbje View Post
that is odd I wonder why the gal from soc sec would tell me that I asked my atty what the max amount it would cost me if I won and she said 5300 so I wonder if the lady at soc sec was wrong I'm gonna try and call my atty to see what she says
You can call social security and talk to 10 people and get different answers from each one. I know the district manager, for my area she always knows whats going on. So it may be better if you call your attorney.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:49 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I hired Allsup and they took a portion of my kids backpay. However when I got my backpay I only had to make up the difference to total up to $5300. They can only get the max amount. I disagree with the comment about the attorney. Mine from Allsup did a great job countering every point the judge tried to throw back at us. I would not of won without mine. I was glad to pay the $5300. Without them I wouldn't be getting my monthly check.
Hoosier_Daddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:56 PM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My atty also said the max he would get is $5300...even with my 2 kids.
I think it is so worth it to have gotten an atty...I wouldn't have won without him.
Good luck to you and take care!
Cblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote