Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 03:37 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Twin Cities Surgeons

Does anyone have a recommendation for a neuro surgeon in the Twin Cities? I don't know if using the Saunder's Traction deal is going to be enough to reduce the swelling in the C5/C6 area. The numbness in the thumb and the pain in the shoulder...down the arm....it's worse than the PN in my feet. I've had a bad back most of my life, but I've never had the constant numbness that I am now experiencing. I just am so concerned about surgery. I have not had good experiences with the knife.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 06-06-2010, 11:45 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jakatak - No suggestion on a NS in the Twin Cities area but hang in there. You may be in a flare and can get it settled down with a cortisone shot. You sound like I did two years ago before my chiropractor suggested I try a different physiatrist (others told me there was nothing they could do and to deal with the pain). This physiatrist was willing to do a cortisone shot in the neck and it worked. The thumb numbness was still there a month later and I tried acupuncture. 2-3 visits is all it took for the numbness to disappear.
Sheri_TOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:56 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks...but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri_TOS View Post
Jakatak - No suggestion on a NS in the Twin Cities area but hang in there. You may be in a flare and can get it settled down with a cortisone shot. You sound like I did two years ago before my chiropractor suggested I try a different physiatrist (others told me there was nothing they could do and to deal with the pain). This physiatrist was willing to do a cortisone shot in the neck and it worked. The thumb numbness was still there a month later and I tried acupuncture. 2-3 visits is all it took for the numbness to disappear.

I already had to epidural injections...they took away the radiating pain...but it just returned. I'm sure it is due to the bulging disc in my neck. I've had sciatica in my leg...it settled down...but this one is really tricky.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote