Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 02-03-2007, 11:33 PM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default planets lining up?

There are a few electrical charges running through just about everything these days, and the PD community isn't any different. IT all boils down to ethics, and everyone has there own view - what the opposition likes to call an agenda.

Agenda has to stop being considered a bad word, but it can only do that by becoming honest and if there is give and take. This being gone for quite some time, the various groups are now called stakeholders, because it is so close to the Holy Stockmarket.

And I am going to stop there to everyone's relief, and, because Michael 7733 is back, I know someone will participate, so to relax our minds and for a little commaradarie (sp)? i thought i would list 3 programs I don't know that i"ve ever admitted watching and one new program watched lately (new being that you have never actively sought to watch that program before.)

if you are so inclined, add your "I still eat Frosted FLakes' admission re tv programs.

1. Dawg the Bounty Hunter - I lived in Hawaii for 10 years and, in amazement, marvel at the progression from Hawaii Five-O to Magnum PI [short shorts?] to Dog et al. And his wife, truly, not to be in bad taste, has the biggest chest I have ever seen. One of these days she is going to get stuck because of them.

All of them look hard as nails but are good hearted.

2. Shepherd's Chapel - no frills, no thrills, just the word from two men from Arkansas - no yelling, no live audience, just a desk and podium and a couple of bibles. On at 5 am down here so i catch it when i am up and able. They take questions.

3. Judging Amy - good acting, especially from the gal who who used to be the married one on Cagney and Lacy - can't recall name at the moment but think it's her best role. Tyne Daley that's it.

New program: I turned on, deliberately, a cooking show. She looked like she'd just had an hour of yoga and never spilled a drop of anything. Right away I couldn't relate.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 02-03-2007 at 11:53 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-04-2007, 01:51 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It's Scary...

...when someone you've only met once in person knows you well enough to be able to predict with accuracy those things in which you will and will not participate. Let's give you a test, Paula. Which one of the tv shows that you listed do I like the most and why?

michael
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:14 AM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hi Michael,

Scary? In this cyber world some of the people we know the best in the world we have only met in person a couple of times. I "know" you to be a person who likes to have some fun along the journey. Sorry if I scared you.

Anyway, it was a middle of the night post, which chalks it up to silliness or philosophy anyway - and without hesitation I would guess you would like #2 the most.

paula

Old 02-04-2007, 11:47 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default confession

Paula -

I LOVE Judging Amy - didn't discover it till last year on reruns on TNT. You are so right about Tyne Daly!

My confession: I am embarrassed to admit that when Boston shut down this week because of the "bombs" left around town that turned out to be a "guerilla advertising" campaign by Cartoon Network, I was familiar with the character being advertised. Yes, I am a closet Cartoon Network junkie! Guess I'm out of the closet now!

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:28 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default See what happens...

...when I attempt to reply to a topic when I am half asleep. I actually wrote my reply somewhere between 11:00 p.m. and 12 midnight. I woke up just long enough to hit the reply button, and then quickly went back to sleep. I see now that I missed the entire point of the thread. Actually, Paula, I have seen only 1 of the shows on your list, so the question that I gave to you was a bit unfair, because I have seen only one of those shows. Judging Amy is the one that i have seen. I enjoy watching Amy as she has to make personal decisions outside the courtroom that often correspond to situations about which she has to judge inside the courtroom. even now I am falling asleep and will have to finish this later.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:55 PM #6
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

This is, with the exception of indigogo, a good example of a thread where both parties are suffering from a bit of clognition.

I was aiming for "confessions' about a TV program you all watched but don't necessarily admit it.....and I went first. I wasn't asking if you had watched mine. Carey is just agreeing about the show. But she did follow directions, and posted that she watches adult swim on the Cartoon Network, which is a bit of an admission this week.

And I was so tired I when I wrote it, that I thought I had posted in the middle if the night...lol...but today I see that it was only 11:30...now it gets funnier. You had posted in the middle of the night. but explained that you actually had written it earlier, which caused me to check what time I posted.

Now that's where we are now but I wouldn't swear to it.

Good thing I didn't. You are probably thinking that I was chalking your post up to silliness and philosophy from all of the above, but I was chalking mine up to it....HAHAHA

I arrive at the same conclusion: Don't post while sleeping.

your friend,
paula

Last edited by paula_w; 02-04-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:54 PM #7
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Frown

To truly add to this thread:

I am a Buffy the Vampirer slayer fan. I have all the seasons of her shows on tape. I am also trying to collect the old "Dark Shadows" shows. I only have 2 out out of the 26 sets of tapes.

Now if that isn't a confession from a person who calls herself a Christian, I don't know what is!

Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:25 PM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default tv admissions

I love watching marching band competitions--(and i was never a part of one) though they do not occur often. I also watch BBC make over shows--"changing rooms" and "cash in the attic" and love the British "antiques roadshow". recently found some old "rockford files" (with james garner) on a sleuth channel, which i continue to enjoy.
I watch "the OC" with my daughter--alas only 5 more episodes--just like watching one of the daytime soap operas --which was a college thing when i was in school. also like "grey's anatomy" though the outlandish plots have recently disappointed me.
I liked "deadwood", though it has been canceled. and i admit to liking the sopranos.
sounds as if i watch way too much television.....madelyn

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:33 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default You've got to understand...

...that when I was only 5 years old, my parents, for whatever reason, would drop me off at the theater to watch triple feature horror movies. I cannot imagine doing anything like that these days, but in 1953-54 I guess it was not unheard of. I should be a totally warped individual (hmmmm) after having seen The Thing, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Them, Abbott and Costello meet Dr. Jekell and Mr. Hyde, etc. I had to go there in order to justify myself for liking Angel and Charmed. I cannot explain why I like them since they go against just about everything I believe to be true. I can identify with you Vicky.

michael b.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:01 PM #10
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Hey Vicki and Michael, I think you are probably much healthier than the person who never escapes into fantasy. i got a good laugh out of your post Vicki.

After all these years, I finally started watching 24 - hooked.

Paula