advertisement

Old 07-08-2010, 02:51 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Went for SSD Doctor appointment

I went in today for my SSd doc appt. I saw a phsyciatrist and he seemed to onlly be checking my competence. He did not let me talk much about what was going on with my RSD and when explaining to him I felt like I was being cut off. Has any one had an appointment with a phsyciatrist for SSD process. Thanks if any one has input would be glad to here it. Angela
abrown176 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-08-2010, 05:03 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown176 View Post
I went in today for my SSd doc appt. I saw a phsyciatrist and he seemed to onlly be checking my competence. He did not let me talk much about what was going on with my RSD and when explaining to him I felt like I was being cut off. Has any one had an appointment with a phsyciatrist for SSD process. Thanks if any one has input would be glad to here it. Angela
I assume you had both physical and mental impairments either alleged or noted in the medical evidence. If they did not send you to an MD, then they had enough medical information in the records regarding your RSD. They then needed to evaluate your mental health. A psychiatrist is not qualified to comment on your RSD and since that was not the purpose of the exam, I can understand that not a lot of time wanted to be wasted on that diagnosis.
steve3d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
abrown176 (07-08-2010)
Old 07-11-2010, 01:41 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A psychiatrist is a MD

ABrown, I've heard that we RSD'rs often have SSDI psych evals to make sure we don't fit the 'malingerer profile' I didn't have one, but that's what I've heard.

Obviously, they could also be looking to see if the depression that so often comes with RSD and chronic pain is severe enough to qualify you or add enough to your case to help you qualify.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:20 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks finz I know that they are Doctors too, but I just wondered why they did not want to talk about how my RSD affects my everyday life. I had never heard of seeing a phyc doc for Social Security Disability. I am new at this and it is all kinda wierd I guess. Thanks for letting me know though possibly why I needed to see them. Appreciate all the answers! Thanks!
abrown176 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:31 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Medical reviews

My experience with SSD medical reviews is that a lot of times the doctors have already made up their minds as to what they believe you have because they have read your report. I had multiple MD and psych evaluations during the 4 year approval process. Make a report to your attorney or for your records as to anything unusual that happened while you were being reviewed. For instance, what one doctor did was totally against the rules and his opinion was tossed out by the court. You have to have a good attorney.
lyndarva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
abrown176 (07-22-2010)