advertisement

Old 07-14-2010, 06:41 AM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default It's not just PD

From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/78...er-relief.html

"Now, an Italian surgeon, Professor Paolo Zamboni, director of the Centre for Vascular Diseases at the University of Ferrara, is urging a radical rethink on MS. What began as a labour of love for Zamboni could, he claims, “revolutionise” management of the disease.

In 2005, Zamboni’s wife Elena was diagnosed with MS and he embarked on a mission to find out everything about it, from poring over medical literature dating back 100 years or more, to using state-of-the-art body-imaging techniques. ...

...It was in October last year that Walker began his own research, drawing on the limited scientific literature and anecdotal reports on the web. He was sceptical, at first, and questioned Zamboni’s iron hypothesis, but he was open to the possibility that restricted veins may be a factor in MS.

A diagnosis, then, was his first objective and he assumed that it would not be a problem arranging the test known as colour doppler sonography. He found an interventional radiologist (who worked at the Radcliffe and in private practice) familiar with Zamboni’s work and willing to help. He was also a private patient, happy to pay for the test and surgery if restricted veins were confirmed.

However, the test was prevented by neurologists at the Radcliffe on the grounds that it was not ethical or prudent because of doubts about Zamboni’s work, which has yet to be formally approved by clinical trials. ...

...“Out of 1,000 or so procedures so far, it is just two cases,” he says. Both are a cause for concern, yes, but not for the hysteria neurologists have generated. Walker believes a “turf war” is under way between neurologists here who believe they “own” MS, and radiologists and vascular surgeons who may have something to contribute to its management. Patients are being caught in the crossfire.

“Neurologists have been treating MS with powerful drugs for decades. Despite this, many patients suffer continued progression of their disease. Others give up the drugs because of side-effects. Treating any CCSVI symptoms is worth a try for many people.’’ ...
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alongcamejones (07-16-2010), jeanb (07-16-2010), just_me_77 (07-20-2010), lou_lou (07-16-2010)

advertisement
Old 07-14-2010, 10:22 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Beginning to feel a draft

Rick, brilliant article, challenging, real. Thank you for bringing it to us. And as for the rest of you, check out this brief, hard-hitting position paper from someone who has Parkinson's, someone posting in the British newspapers as "reverett123". Now who could that be? This is a true story, told by someone who has the disease. We may not have to shout, but we certainly don't have to whisper. To quote Rick in the Telegraph of London:

"As a Parkinson's Disease patient, I am all too familiar with the problems outlined in this story. There is a growing problem as disorders such as MS and PD are found to cover more "turf" than simply neurology. The fact that egos, careers, and huge sums of money are at stake leaves the patient trampled in the dust. Neuros have ruled a number of diseases such as these for decades and are now being challenged by patients armed with new research, and they don't like it. Consider for a minute the reaction if, say, cancer had not seen a major advance in treatment for forty years, as is the case with PD. Further imagine that even that ancient treatment not only had major side effects but also ignored the most damaging symptoms of the disease. Finally, consider that this sorry state of affairs generates five billion dollars per annum in the US alone. Now, line up the patient on one side and on the other place the neuro establishment and Big Pharma money. The pattern is repeated again and again for PD, MS, ALS, and a dozen lesser known "alphabet" dieases. The emperor has no clothes and is beginning to feel a draft."
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (07-14-2010), imark3000 (07-14-2010), lou_lou (07-16-2010)
Old 07-14-2010, 11:15 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Co-opting the straights

Forgot to mention, the Telegraph, where Rick posted this, is the 5th largest newspaper in the U.K. It's not one of the tabloids, it's a "serious" newspaper and the content is taken seriously.
Circulation: 700,000
Rick just got as much publicity for PD as some of the orgs. do. And it was free. Hey, man, remember we used to call it "co-opting the straights"? Go out there and change the way they see.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aunt Bean (07-15-2010)
Old 07-16-2010, 08:15 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well done. This kind of corruption is more common than people know. Flat Earthers holding on to their dogma. Trouble is many hold power. This reminds me of another Italian who found sodium bicarbonate shrinks cancer tumours, rapidly. Sodi Bic, so cheap its at the supermarket. He speculates an out of control Fungi (candida) causes many cancers and the change in PH from Sodi Bic applied directly kills the fungi.

They jailed him for some months for doing an unapproved procedure.

Keep getting the info out there.

Jak

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
From http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/78...er-relief.html

"Now, an Italian surgeon, Professor Paolo Zamboni, director of the Centre for Vascular Diseases at the University of Ferrara, is urging a radical rethink on MS. What began as a labour of love for Zamboni could, he claims, “revolutionise” management of the disease.

In 2005, Zamboni’s wife Elena was diagnosed with MS and he embarked on a mission to find out everything about it, from poring over medical literature dating back 100 years or more, to using state-of-the-art body-imaging techniques. ...

...It was in October last year that Walker began his own research, drawing on the limited scientific literature and anecdotal reports on the web. He was sceptical, at first, and questioned Zamboni’s iron hypothesis, but he was open to the possibility that restricted veins may be a factor in MS.

A diagnosis, then, was his first objective and he assumed that it would not be a problem arranging the test known as colour doppler sonography. He found an interventional radiologist (who worked at the Radcliffe and in private practice) familiar with Zamboni’s work and willing to help. He was also a private patient, happy to pay for the test and surgery if restricted veins were confirmed.

However, the test was prevented by neurologists at the Radcliffe on the grounds that it was not ethical or prudent because of doubts about Zamboni’s work, which has yet to be formally approved by clinical trials. ...

...“Out of 1,000 or so procedures so far, it is just two cases,” he says. Both are a cause for concern, yes, but not for the hysteria neurologists have generated. Walker believes a “turf war” is under way between neurologists here who believe they “own” MS, and radiologists and vascular surgeons who may have something to contribute to its management. Patients are being caught in the crossfire.

“Neurologists have been treating MS with powerful drugs for decades. Despite this, many patients suffer continued progression of their disease. Others give up the drugs because of side-effects. Treating any CCSVI symptoms is worth a try for many people.’’ ...
They call you heartless: but your heart is true, and I love the bashfulness of your goodwill. Ye are ashamed of your flow, and others are ashamed of their ebb. Ye are ugly? Well then, my brethren, take the sublime about you, the mantle of the ugly! - Thus spake Zarathustra.
alongcamejones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:42 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Thanks for letting us know

As each one of us learns in life, knowledge can be powerful used in the proper context. Hope we all continue to dig deeper to find the "Solution" to this condition that will work best for each person.

I have been known to be the "Square Guy" being placed in a round hole by the "Establishment". Fight for what we believe is right for PWP.

My mantra: "Those who refuse to stand for one's rights will fall for anything".

Mike
just_me_77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alongcamejones (07-17-2010), paula_w (07-17-2010)
Old 07-17-2010, 09:26 AM #6
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alongcamejones View Post
Well done. This kind of corruption is more common than people know. Flat Earthers holding on to their dogma. Trouble is many hold power. This reminds me of another Italian who found sodium bicarbonate shrinks cancer tumours, rapidly. Sodi Bic, so cheap its at the supermarket. He speculates an out of control Fungi (candida) causes many cancers and the change in PH from Sodi Bic applied directly kills the fungi.

They jailed him for some months for doing an unapproved procedure.

Keep getting the info out there.

Jak
they jailed him because people died by not seeking real treatments.
http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/Trea...um-bicarbonate
http://fraudusa.us/2282/simoncini-hidden-camera/
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1233286

there are hundreds of websites tauting fungus causes cancer but there is no proof. you think oncologists would ignore any possibly effective treatment? they don't enjoy seeing their patents die. my brother just died from lung cancer and his oncologist and nurses were very affected.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:08 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default cures...

I think I have posted about this before--forgive my repeating. 30 yrs ago when I worked in the health industry in San DIego, there existed (and still does, I am told) a well known "cancer cure" clinic in Tijuana, Mx. the substance used for curing cancer at that time was "Laetrile" , a chemical much akin to apricot pits. This clinic boasted of an incredibly low death rate, and indeed it was true. When one of their non Mexican citizen patients became moribund, he/she was sent across the border into the united states (>95% of their patients were from US and Canada) via ambulance to be brought to area Hospital ER's. The University Emergency Room was the primary target for these admissions, though one of the premiere private hospitals at which I worked also saw a number of these patients. The clinic did have great "death rate" statistics. I never investigated their claims for "cure rate" statistics. All the patients I encountered from there died.
My problem is I never know who is scamming me....just know everyone is holding out their hand ---for the almighty dollar, not as a sign of providing succor.
madelyn

~ Jean-Martin Charcot

The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed. William Gibson
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (07-20-2010), Conductor71 (07-20-2010), just_me_77 (07-20-2010), soccertese (07-20-2010)