Myasthenia Gravis For support and discussions on Myasthenia Gravis, Congenital Myasthenic Syndromes and LEMS.

advertisement

Old 07-14-2010, 07:45 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New hurts and pains

2 days ago I started having pain in my calves and thighs. The day after everything hurt. I would move a certain way and oiiii it hurt. Feet wrist, arms legs, nothing seemed to be spared. Has anyone ever had this problem? Do anyone of you have to use a wheelchair/
BARBARA356 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-14-2010, 08:41 PM #2
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I don't know what drugs you are on or not but if you are immunosuppressed, I would highly suspect an infection. Please get to your primary doctor right away, or urgent care or the ER. Those symptoms are not normal and could be just about anything.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:45 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default er did

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARBARA356 View Post
2 days ago I started having pain in my calves and thighs. The day after everything hurt. I would move a certain way and oiiii it hurt. Feet wrist, arms legs, nothing seemed to be spared. Has anyone ever had this problem? Do anyone of you have to use a wheelchair/
When I overdid myself last week and had a cascade of events to follow this was one thing I was getting really bad cramps ? And then the next day I was soooo sore....my drs were tying to say it was my meds maybe to strong, but I knew it was a different kind of cramp. Two emergency rooms later, and 2nd day in the hospital. Can barely walk...neuro said she thinks it was antibioti cs my other dr put me on or my menstration. Something hit my body n it just gave in even tho I was doing good on pred n mestinon prior.
Listen to your body and call ur dr if it doesn't go away mine just got worse.
Good luck!
Newbie87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:18 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I haven't had this happen, but I do get aching. Have you ever been tested for Lupus? I would definitely call the doctor.
(((gentle hugs)))
Love Lizzie
Maxwell'sMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:28 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, please do get to the doctor!! A few weeks ago I woke up hurting everywhere and thought, "Oh, this must be new symptoms of my MG." My neck hurt especially bad, and I thought, "Oh, I must have strained it." I was so used to being sick that I really didn't think anything of it--had trouble on the stairs because my legs hurt, but then again, I often have trouble on the stairs, so I was used to it.

Finally, my good sense kicked in--my good sense that has been boosted by people on this list--and I went to the doctor just in case, and found out I have Lyme disease. Totally unrelated to my MG, and we caught it early enough to treat easily!

So, Annie is right. Don't make any assumptions! See the doctor. Just because you have MG doesn't mean you can't have some other illness.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:35 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new pain

I was tested for Lupus about 8 years ago. My ANA was high the rheumatoligist my MD sent me to just looked at me and said I didn't have it. So I never got tested again, I am sensitive to the sun and have had an awful sunburn that wouldn't go away for a long time, but just itched, no flaky skin. I did take some extra mestinon and felt better yesterday. Thanks for all your responses
BARBARA356 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:06 AM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My husband also has calf pain with his MG and when severe the next day he feels like he has worked out alot. He has this start in the calves and now its everywhere, was checked for LUPUS etc due to same as u listed, so far Myasthenia Gravis, Celiac Disease, AUTONOMIC SMALL FIBER NEUROPATHY, and Peripheral Nueropathy where the main things he has been diagnosed with and they can all come with MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARBARA356 View Post
I was tested for Lupus about 8 years ago. My ANA was high the rheumatoligist my MD sent me to just looked at me and said I didn't have it. So I never got tested again, I am sensitive to the sun and have had an awful sunburn that wouldn't go away for a long time, but just itched, no flaky skin. I did take some extra mestinon and felt better yesterday. Thanks for all your responses
tnalawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:08 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default pain and cramping in legs and hands

For the past week or so I have had very painful and tingling feet, tightening of my feet, calves, back of thighs, upper arms and hands that is not quite a full on cramp but more of a threat. The tightening happens after very little use of my hands and legs, but not all the time. I also feel like I have bands around my calves and ankles.

I am seronegative MG, taking 25 prednisone, 100 Imuran, 45 Mestinon 4xday, and since May have been on B-12 shots. I didn't have these pains and cramping prior to starting the shots except for a very occasional 1 day exacerbation, so I have my doubts whether it could be B-12 deficiency related. This has been continuous for the last week.

I'd sure appreciate any ideas on what this might be, if other MGers have experienced this, what you've figured out.

Thanks,
Susan
schavarria is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:44 PM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would guess Imuran or Prednisone. I am still on lower dose of Prednisone and OFF Imuran. I was on Imuran for 12 months but side effects were horrible so we switched to Cellcept so my cramps are quite less. My neuro gave me something for the cramps but can't remember what it was. (helped a little)
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote