Social Chat This is a place for daily chit-chat and other discussions that are not directly related to a neurological or mental health issue.

advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 04:57 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My Nephew's 21st RE-birthday

Just wanted to share some wonderful and news!! My nephew, Jesse, does not celebrate this day as he received cadaver donor transplant and feels that it would be like celebrating the death of the young man who's family was soooo wonderful in their pain that they opted for organ donation 21 years ago. Jesse received a kidney from the young man and has been rejection free for 21 years now!!! There have been a few rough spots along the way but he has never even come close to rejecting the kidney.
God bless all who in the final time with loved ones decide to give the gift of LIFE to another.
mamagoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (07-17-2010), Kitty (07-17-2010)

advertisement
Old 07-17-2010, 07:14 AM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

What a touching story......your nephew sounds like quite a man! I'm so happy he was given this chance at life even though it was a mixed blessing for the donor family. Their loved one lives on in your nephew.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:26 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Jesse is quite the man.. he got his transplant as a teen after 13 months on waiting list... he has been a "big brother" to my son who is now 27 and has taken in the children of a friend of his since the parents have drug and drinking problems. He was farming until between someone setting his barn on fire and breaking into his house robbing him, sure wish he would go back to raising hogs since he got a grant to feed them some special soy beans and they were the leanest and best tasting pork I have ever had in my mouth. You would literally have to add some shortening to the skillet to cook the chops and side pork. He now has a job as a mechanic giving up the farm was hard for him but after the above incident then his place got hit by a tornado and the new barn was gone... he gave up on farming.
He has really made very good use of the life he has been given.
mamagoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote