Computers and Technology A general forum for discussions about computers, technology, and the Internet. If you just want to "geek out" or talk about how computers tick, then this is the place!

advertisement

Old 07-17-2010, 02:21 PM #1
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default I can't get Channel 3 on my tv

I bought this older Sony about two months ago. I use it to tape all my shows. It sits right beside my left tv and I have the exact same hookup on the left side as I do on the right side.

So when I needed a new tv (just to see what shows I'm taping), I got this from the junk guy around the corner. I paid $25.00 and it works just fine. All I needed to do was plug it in, turn the tv to channel 3, and I saw the picture just fine.

Been doing great for 2 months. I MUST HAVE HIT SOME BUTTON ON THE TV or something earlier today because I can't get the tv to go to Channel 3.

There is no remote by the way, but Alan has a Sony in the living room, (I tried this the first day I got my tv from the guy around the corner and it worked on it also.

So the remote from the living works with this tv that I use for taping. It turns on the tv, turns it off, etc. Worked fine

So when I couldn't get Channel 3 to appear, I went into the living room, took Alan's remote, aimed it at this newly bought tv and tried to make the tv go to Channel 3. It did nothing.

In front of the tv it has all the requisite buttons, I tried doing the up and down channel thing but it skips channel 3.

It also has options. delete and add.

I tried taking the remote, turning to channel 3 (IT DOES SAY CHANNEL 3 when I do this), and hitting the add button on the front of the tv, NOTHING HAPPENS.

Oh, in the front of this tv, it has a cable switch, and I tried moving that back and forth. Made no difference.

It also has a tv/video button. When I put it to video, the screen goes blank.

I tried putting in a tape on the vcr and pressing play, but nothing happens because this stupid TV will NOT go to channel 3.

So obviously I did SOMETHING to delete the channel 3.

Now how do I go about adding Channel 3 again?

Maybe if I unplug the tv and re-plug it in? Haven't done that yet.

All I need is to see a picture so I know what I'm taping and when I want to program my cable box to switch channels.

Right now, I can HEAR what's on the tv, but there is no picture, it's like scrambled.

For instance I put both cable boxes on Channel 2 and Joan Rivers was selling something. I saw her on the left tv (which works perfectly), but on the right tv, I just heard her voice (which let's me know that the cable box is on channel 2).

But I want my channel 3 back.

help please.
Melody

Update.

I tried unplugging and replugging in the tv thinking it would do SOMETHING.

ALAN WALKS IN, FIDDLES WITH IT

IT WORKS!!!

I want to KILL him.

lol lol lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 07-17-2010 at 03:13 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (07-18-2010)

advertisement