advertisement

Old 07-18-2010, 04:57 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Oh man, another stupid question....sorry.

Hi guys....I am really panicked and freaked out by a section in my approval letter...my mom naturally makes it worse by saying I have to go thru another court hearing.

In my benefits letter it says I will be reviewed every 3 years, but this is what the approval letter says:

"The claimant's earnings records show that the claimant has aquired sufficient quarters of coverage to remain insured through Dec. 31, 2011. Thus, the claimant must establish disability on or before that date in order to be entitled to a period of disability and disability insurance benefits."

Oh please help..WTH does this mean? That I don't have enough earnings to go past 12/11? I am so ill by this. I know I need to contact my atty, but you know how long it takes to get a call back from them.

Thank you for any info!
Cblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-18-2010, 06:43 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

it just means that you have enough quarters paid in at the time the decision was made as to when you became disabled to be eligible for ssdi. it would only be a problem if you had applied after that date or were found to have been disabled after that date. you will get either a short form or long form continued disability review eventually. the burden then is on social security to prove that you are so improved that you can work whereas originally the burden of proof was on you. most people have no prolems at all with cdr's. there is no hearing unless social security decides you are no longer disabled then you can have a hearing before an alj. this doesnot happen to most people. keep going to your doctors for evaluation and treatment and you will have no problems.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:48 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblue View Post
Hi guys....I am really panicked and freaked out by a section in my approval letter...my mom naturally makes it worse by saying I have to go thru another court hearing.

In my benefits letter it says I will be reviewed every 3 years, but this is what the approval letter says:

"The claimant's earnings records show that the claimant has aquired sufficient quarters of coverage to remain insured through Dec. 31, 2011. Thus, the claimant must establish disability on or before that date in order to be entitled to a period of disability and disability insurance benefits."

Oh please help..WTH does this mean? That I don't have enough earnings to go past 12/11? I am so ill by this. I know I need to contact my atty, but you know how long it takes to get a call back from them.

Thank you for any info!
Echoes is right.

Everyone who has stopped working over five years ago has gone past their date last insured, but as long as the decision was made that their date of onset was before date last insured, benefits continue for as long as you are disabled and if that is the rest of your life, then that is how long benefits continue.

Now, if a person was off work for any reason for over five years and then became disabled after their date last insured, there would be zero SSDI regardless of how severe the medical condition is.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:39 AM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, Echos & Janke...you have no idea how much you have helped me. Thank you so much. I panicked all night.
I so appreciate the time you took to read my post and answer me. Thank you!

So then I will have the regular 3 year review?
Old 07-19-2010, 02:54 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

depending on what your award letter stated it could be 3,5 or even 7 years. Plus many states are way behind in cdr's and it could be years longer than the 3, 5 or 7 years.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:47 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am pretty sure my awards letter, not the approval letter, said 3 years. On another thread it said to call the 800 # to ask for the re-eval date...I don't want to stir the pot though...heh heh.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:53 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblue View Post
I am pretty sure my awards letter, not the approval letter, said 3 years. On another thread it said to call the 800 # to ask for the re-eval date...I don't want to stir the pot though...heh heh.
CDR's have been put on the back burner for years and many are overdue. However, SSA may be caught up by the time yours is due.

See your doctor on a regular basis. Be sure to mention your limitations when you see him/her. See if there are any new medications/treatments for your condition. Get an annual physical and blood work. You want your doctor to at least be familiar with you. You don't want to be surprised down the road with a new illness and new limitations.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:22 AM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
CDR's have been put on the back burner for years and many are overdue. However, SSA may be caught up by the time yours is due.

See your doctor on a regular basis. Be sure to mention your limitations when you see him/her. See if there are any new medications/treatments for your condition. Get an annual physical and blood work. You want your doctor to at least be familiar with you. You don't want to be surprised down the road with a new illness and new limitations.
Thanks Janke! I see my psychiatrist once a month and I would see a phsychologist once a week or one every 2 weeks, but she left her practive about a month ago, so now i have to go through the whole process of getting a new one, which I will put off until after surgery that i have to have on my foot. I have been going to about 6 doctors in the opast few weeks for various ailments...absolutely no time or strength to go look for a new physchologist now.
Thank you again for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!