Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 07-21-2010, 08:04 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help translate my MRI report into English

I'am soliciting any help interpreting my MRI

RIGHT KNEE MRI:
- Crruciate and collateral ligaments appear intact.
- oblique horizontal tear is seen in the posterior horn of medial meniscus abutting the inferior articular surface and extending towards the apex.
- rest of menisci appear intact.
- no evidence of meniscal or popliteal cysts.
- minimal osteoarthritic changes are noted manifested by peaking of the tibial spine and small marginal osteophytes.
- A small osteochondritic lesion is seen in the lateral semoral condyle anteriorly.
- Slight irregular thinning of the patellar cartilage is seen at the medical aspect suggestive of early chondromalacia patellae..

i accept all input

thanks alot
John Brad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 07-21-2010, 08:13 AM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

You have one tear....which your doctor will evaluate. He may want to fix it. He will evaluate the "lesion" too.

You have patellar thinning which may respond to exercise to strenghten the patellar ligament to move it back into correct position. Exercise to strengthen the quads in the front of the thigh often help this.

The rest is minor stuff similar to my knee report.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
John Brad (07-21-2010)
Old 07-21-2010, 08:43 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

What do you mean by: "tears"
John Brad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:42 AM #4
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

A tear is a rip of the tendon...usually off its bony attachment place. It is similar to a tear of cloth. Some tears are complete and others small rips.

Tendon tears often come from some injury or trauma, or fall. And are very common in the knee.

But they can be spontaneous, especially when certain drugs are used...antibiotics called fluoroquinolones: Cipro, Levaquin, Avelox etc. These drugs disrupt the metabolism somehow, not well understood yet, of the tendon and the tendon then tears and comes off its attachment place. A ruptured tendon may occur up to a year after use of those drugs and is typically delayed.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
John Brad (07-21-2010)