advertisement

Old 08-08-2010, 01:46 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool Smirk my explanation of determination letter

my explanation of determination letter says

"... The medical record shows that you are capable of performing other work which might only require a very short, on-the-job training period. ..."

denied of course

i'm preparing for my hearing which has not been set yet.

question: how do i change my claim from bipolar disorder to schizoaffective disorder? i have a letter from my pdoc and i'm hoping this thursday when i see another pdoc that i can share the limitations i have both inside and outside of the house.

thanks for reading and any advice you have
thesightofoneself is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 08-08-2010, 10:18 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My dx had been changed about 5 times from major depression, schizophrenia, schizo-affective disorder, bipolar, social disorder. They still do not know my problem. I do believe this is why I won last June. I have been seeing a psychologist and psychairist regulary for 4 years and have taken so many different meds I have 2 drawers full of pill bottles. Nothing seems to help me. What you need to do is keep going to your doctors and when you go before the judge the psychairist that they will have will go over all of your records. This will help you. Or at least it did me. He said to me basically I should of won before the hearing took place. I guess it was his way of telling me I am really messed up. My depression is so bad I may not leave my house for days or weeks. I haven't been on the computer for 2 months until yesterday. So I know what you are going thru. I wish you well. Just keep going to the doctors and they will submit all of their notes to the judge. Also make sure your doctors believe you are disabled. some doctors do not care and will not help you.
Hoosier_Daddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:49 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Are you working with a lawyer ?

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:07 AM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
Are you working with a lawyer ?
still calling around to get one
Old 08-09-2010, 10:59 AM #5
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy View Post
My dx had been changed about 5 times from major depression, schizophrenia, schizo-affective disorder, bipolar, social disorder. They still do not know my problem. I do believe this is why I won last June. I have been seeing a psychologist and psychairist regulary for 4 years and have taken so many different meds I have 2 drawers full of pill bottles. Nothing seems to help me. What you need to do is keep going to your doctors and when you go before the judge the psychairist that they will have will go over all of your records. This will help you. Or at least it did me. He said to me basically I should of won before the hearing took place. I guess it was his way of telling me I am really messed up. My depression is so bad I may not leave my house for days or weeks. I haven't been on the computer for 2 months until yesterday. So I know what you are going thru. I wish you well. Just keep going to the doctors and they will submit all of their notes to the judge. Also make sure your doctors believe you are disabled. some doctors do not care and will not help you.
Well, I better not upset you. So you won strictly on a mental disability? I have a friend whose husband committed suicide and she is terribly depressed, In Fla they use to turn you down if it was only mental, you had to have something physical also. I hope the U.S. has figured out that when you're mentally unstable it affects your body also. I don't want to have her go through all that paper work and get turned down, which will most likely depress her more. Have you seen what the side effects are on your meds? Glad you are back.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesightofoneself View Post
my explanation of determination letter says

"... The medical record shows that you are capable of performing other work which might only require a very short, on-the-job training period. ..."

denied of course

i'm preparing for my hearing which has not been set yet.

question: how do i change my claim from bipolar disorder to schizoaffective disorder? i have a letter from my pdoc and i'm hoping this thursday when i see another pdoc that i can share the limitations i have both inside and outside of the house.

thanks for reading and any advice you have
When you file an aqppeal you add whatever new information has come into play since your original filing date. There is no one diagnosis necessarily with SSDI. Once they find one aspect that is considered "severe" which means it interferes with typical work activities the SSDI then considers all the aspects of your disability. Frequently, it is a combination of illnesses or limitations that places you in the category "disabled". That is why it's so important to be so through and detailed about your symptoms and limitations which is hard to do on the new 2010 application. Make sure you incclude a lengthy but concise list of your symptoms and limitations.
Is this your first denial or second denial?
Repectfully,
Trudi
Old 08-10-2010, 06:54 AM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I won on a mental disorder. I do have 2 physical disorders, but they were not discovered until after my hearing.
I wish you luck!
Cblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:46 AM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDIHelp View Post
Is this your first denial or second denial?
second
Old 08-10-2010, 09:49 AM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDIHelp View Post
There is no one diagnosis necessarily with SSDI. Once they find one aspect that is considered "severe" which means it interferes with typical work activities the SSDI then considers all the aspects of your disability.

now i'm confused.
i thought i could only get ssi since i've never worked, so i wouldnt have the credits?
Old 08-11-2010, 01:00 AM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The approval system for disability is the same between SSDI and SSI.

In any state, it is possible to get approved 'just' for mental diagnosis. You just have to prove that your diagnosis is permanently disabling.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote