Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 02-10-2007, 08:36 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check-In Feb 11-17, 2007 Wecome New Community Members

Hi Everyone..Welcome to our new community members..Please stick around and contribute!..There is strength in numbers

Well..I never did make it to the PAN Forum..Thu morning I woke up with my left foot/ankle in agonizing pain, and dont know how nor why..It got so bad that I was walking in half steps because every step was extremely painful..My girlfriend and I went over to Wal Mart to get a few things for the trip and I found myself stopping and looking at exactly where I had to go to get what I was looking for, so that I didnt have to take any un-necessary steps..I was supposed to catch a train on Fri morning, and was sitting here agonizing over whether or not I should go..A half an hour before my friend was to pick me up and bring me to the train station, I called him and canceled..I thought real hard about it and decided that I couldnt take the chance of making whatever was wrong with me worse, and possibly risking temporary immobilization..I am a little better today due to laying around all day today and yesterday, but still having trouble walking and in pain..Im going to make a Drs appointment on Moday to get to the botton of this..I have a feeling that is a re-occurance of Plantar Fasciitis, because Ive had it in that foot before..I sure did want to see everyone again!..Thats the part of not being able to attend that really bums me out!!..

We are forecast for the possibility of a major snowstorm this coming Wednesday, something I am not looking foward too..Im not a fan of snow..I sure would be bummed if I lived in upstate N.Y.

How was your week?

Altered Picture of the week:..Does everyone recall when Nick Nolte got arrested for drugs?..Remember when Saddam Hussein was found in the spider hole?..What if......?

Last edited by stevem53; 02-10-2007 at 09:05 PM.
stevem53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-10-2007, 10:46 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default val

Sorry about your foot, Steve. Hope it gets better soon.
Hope everyone has a happy Valentine's Day on Wednesday.
Mary Frances
maryfrances is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:04 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Oh well...

Steve, I had plantar fasciitis before diagnosis--for YEARS...no fun! Maybe time for a readjustment of your PD meds?

I'm having a hard time keeping up but posted a PAN report, q.v.

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:40 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye View Post
Steve, I had plantar fasciitis before diagnosis--for YEARS...no fun! Maybe time for a readjustment of your PD meds?

I'm having a hard time keeping up but posted a PAN report, q.v.

Jaye

I had it just prior to dx..and when the pain was gone I couldnt figure out why I was still limping..I never would have dreamed it was pd..Ive been doing alot of laying down, staying off my feet..I hope you and the gang are having a great time..I really wish I was there..Next year

Steve
Old 02-11-2007, 04:33 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default wish I was there too..........

but my shoulder was just hurting too much. I am kinda glad I missed it now that I hear of the impending winter storm.
Parkies don't need to be slogging about in blizzard conditions!!

Chas
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:41 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ive been thinking the same thing Charlie..Our local news is forecasting a major snow event for the East Coast, and on Wednesday, the day I would have been scheduled to come home
Old 02-11-2007, 06:53 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Just got back from a 400 km. trip to celebrate a friend's birthday - with the ice and snow we have it was probably crazy, but it was sure fun. We completely surprised him, he thought he was in Jasper to take a relative from overseas skiing - didn't have a clue until we all popped out the patio doors on our room as he went by, hollering Surprise! I'm quite liking this extra dose of Sinemet - I was doing well all weekend without having to arrange my activities around whether I could move fast or not at that time.

I'm sorry your foot is so bad, Steve. You'll be very disappointed not seeing everyone.
wendy s is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 08:56 PM #8
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Hi All

Steve,

I am so sorry you had to miss PAN advocacy meeting. I know how important being a member means to you. I have never heard of your problem. Could you explain to the rest of us what it is and if it is PD related?

Charlie, what is wrong with your arm. I am also having major pain in my left shoulder and arm. An X-ray an CT scan showed I have pre-arthritis in both my neck and shoulder and bone spurs. I cannot even put on a coat without help. The pain is agonizing. I saw a surgeon who wanted me to have an MRI to see the soft tissue, but Medtronic nixed that plan. I haven't heard back from the surgeon. It wakes me up at night hurting so bad, that now I am afraid to go to sleep.

Here I live in Minnesota basking in the 20 degree warmth we had today. No kidding, we went over 40 hours without getting above 0 degrees this week. Some teenager ended up with third degree burns because he stupidly decided to run around the block with no shoes or socks. Said on the news that he wouldn't recommend anyone else try something so foolish.

I am still practicing my music for the upcoming run of Evita. We have not had nearly the snow that upper New York has had, but have had enough to make walking as slippery as heck.

Glad to hear of the enjoyment Jaye, and others got out of the PAN gettogeather. There will be more years of meetings I am sure.

Love,
Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:35 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Vicky..Its not pd related..its a muscle problem..probably plantar fasciitis, which is a torn muscle either in the heel or the arch of the foot..Ive had it before, and it is some painful..The best treatment for it is resting the foot, basically staying off it as much as possible

Steve
Old 02-11-2007, 11:27 PM #10

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vicki;

I am still trying to get a diagnosis. Ultrasound shows an area of inflamation. my rotator cuff is ok (supposedly). The chairman of orthpaedics at UCLA is reviewing my X-rays.
Mine is very painful too and I need help putting on a shirt.
I hope to get a CT scan this week. Perhaps that will show something.
Yup , full body MRI's are a no-no with DBS. There is a study that says MRI at 1.5 Tesla or less is ok and I have a programmer friend who has done them, she holds their hand so they can signal her if there is a problem.
No one will do them now since Medtronic reccomends against it.

Charlie
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote