Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 09-25-2010, 05:54 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neurologist - yes but no but...

Saw neurologist on Thursday, still reeling.

He says that my first two MRIs (maybe beginning of this year, 4 months post injury) do not show any damage consistent with a blunt force mbti. He does accept I'm still very symptomatic (cognitive impairment, balance, migraines, tinnitus, fatigue, memory loss etc) and will refer me to neuropsychology to adapt to my limitations.

However he says he did find "something" and had requested the third MRI earlier this month to see if "it" had changed. Unfortunately the radiologist hadn't sent his report so we don't know. If "it" has changed he says he will admit me to Walton, our regional neurology unit about 80 miles away and see me there.

I am now even more confused. Because of his way of putting it, I'm scared that he means something like a tumour or MS. And does that mean I have this "it" as well as PCS or instead of?
mybrainhurts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-25-2010, 09:52 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I hate when doctors do that. Please, please. I know it's hard, but try not to freak out over this unless or until the test comes back and it is actually something bad. Even then, I am confident that you will be able to handle it and find a way to cope. I'm sure he wasn't really trying to scare you, but doctors sometimes lose their social skills when they deal with the public. If he is an otherwise good doctor, try not to hold it against him. But please don't let him fill you with fear and worry, either. Life is too precious to waste on fear of the unknown and doubt.

Again, please. Let the future take care of itself. Worry won't give you anything but heartburn; and I have rarely found that to be helpful.

Have a kind day,
Annie
AnnieDayNow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mybrainhurts (09-26-2010)