Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 04:39 AM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry leaving my head injury group

hi all

I have left my head injury group
they sent a report on my progress, that should have been agreed with me and singed by me, without my doing so. in affect writing their own testimonial the assessment was nonfactual and written by a nice but unqualified worker

they have to show progress to receive funding this was their motivation, in fact I have not been happy with some of the staff, for sum £ time they seem to have a cash cow approach to the clients

this is buy no means the case with the organization as a whole. they claim to be a charity but run as a non profit company and as such are open to pressures to please their paymasters

hence the railroading of my report, this is corrupt an outrage and abuse of my autonomy

it is with regret I leave my friends there, but I will not be used by people who have only their own best interests at hart

I must add that I am grateful for the help and support they have given us

is this the new Brittan where organizations fight to keep funding in the coming cuts. and where disabled are seen as a burden or a pay cheque

shame on us
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 09-30-2010, 10:05 AM #2
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

vini,

I know what you mean. I went through a in depth period of diagnostics and therapies at a local rehab hospital. They appeared more intent on generating billings that improving my condition. The problem this causes is the waste of funds can be attributed to the patient, not the clinicians.

It is so important for the patient to have input into their care. When the clinician is supposed to be helping with the patients disabilities, instead they use the patient's disabilities to take advantage of him.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:18 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default not trained

thanks mark

what gets me. is no one involved in the report, has any clinical or psychological training the day center area has one trained assessor that I have met twice and had no impute,

it go,s against my nuoropsychological assessment who had all the information as to my pre morbidity intellect and functionality/ personality

it is what remains of the pre injured me that high functioning person, that can present a veneer of normality to the outside world

but thats all it is a vestige, I am lucky to still have the ability to implement work rounds and calm self analysis

but fixed not from where I am standing

as you say mark taking advantage , the best one I have heard, is when someone not memory impaired says

to and impaired person ( well I can,t remember that conversation ) implying no one will believe or trust your recollection over mine ?? ££ $$

may PM you mark some things are best not said on a public forum
Old 10-04-2010, 01:20 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

((Vini))

I am sorry that you've been treated as a number. I do understand where you're coming from as well. Many say that I am in pretty good shape, compared to more serious cases that's absolutely true. I am glad my case isn't severe...really!

That doesn't mean that my case is insignificant though. The doctors and nurses wouldn't be real happy to be in my shoes either ~ and sometimes I do feel as though they trvialize the effects of my surgery and PCS. I believe that they need to personally experience my life or your life for a day or two. That might give them the understanding that they need to see our perspective and gain a little empathy.

I hope things improve for you ~ Best wishes!
Shez
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:12 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Vini

I am so sorry that this has happenned - the utter disappointment you must be feeling.

These people have absolutley no idea of how dangerous they are. Makes me so angry on your behalf. I feel that the majority of the improvements that I have made are simply due to survival instincts - others do like to take credit for this in order to think that they are successful -

hugs Vini

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:06 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks shez

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezbut View Post
((Vini))

I am sorry that you've been treated as a number. I do understand where you're coming from as well. Many say that I am in pretty good shape, compared to more serious cases that's absolutely true. I am glad my case isn't severe...really!

That doesn't mean that my case is insignificant though. The doctors and nurses wouldn't be real happy to be in my shoes either ~ and sometimes I do feel as though they trvialize the effects of my surgery and PCS. I believe that they need to personally experience my life or your life for a day or two. That might give them the understanding that they need to see our perspective and gain a little empathy.

I hope things improve for you ~ Best wishes!
Shez
thanks shez
this cyber group has helped me so much over the years, and it has been years, we have been on this board now the people here are anonymous, and help each other & give there time free

Brain damage I would not wish on anyone and never insignificant

thanks shezbut nanu nanu
Old 10-05-2010, 11:11 AM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by vini View Post
thanks shez
this cyber group has helped me so much over the years, and it has been years, we have been on this board now the people here are anonymous, and help each other & give there time free

Brain damage I would not wish on anyone and never insignificant

thanks shezbut nanu nanu
True vini

Thanks for making me smile ~ nanu nanu

Shez
shezbut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:20 AM #8

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default kiora lynlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
I am so sorry that this has happenned - the utter disappointment you must be feeling.

These people have absolutley no idea of how dangerous they are. Makes me so angry on your behalf. I feel that the majority of the improvements that I have made are simply due to survival instincts - others do like to take credit for this in order to think that they are successful -

hugs Vini

Lynlee
kiwi ingenuity your,e right survival instinct and I cant stand being used

try as they might , its just a shocking abuse of trust,

I suspect there is always some jackal hanging around the injured looking for a free feed

mate