advertisement

Old 10-06-2010, 05:47 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Kid's SSDI & CHIP

I am scared. I do not know if this is the place to ask this question.
My kids have been on CHIP since Jan (older son) and April(younger son) of this year. I was approved for SSDI in May of this year. Not until I got a renewal form in the mail did it even dawn on me that I should have contacted CHIP to let them know I was approved and our monthly household income is higher now.

Does anyone know if I am going to get in trouble for fraud or something like that? I am so scared! I don't know why I didn't think of it!!! It didn't enter my mind.

PS..I don't know if they have CHIP in all states...it is Childrens Health Care Insurance Plan...I think..I dunno..I just made that up i think...anyway..it is not medical assistance, it is something else...when medical assistance is denied, it goes to CHIP.
Cblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 AM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblue View Post
I am scared. I do not know if this is the place to ask this question.
My kids have been on CHIP since Jan (older son) and April(younger son) of this year. I was approved for SSDI in May of this year. Not until I got a renewal form in the mail did it even dawn on me that I should have contacted CHIP to let them know I was approved and our monthly household income is higher now.

Does anyone know if I am going to get in trouble for fraud or something like that? I am so scared! I don't know why I didn't think of it!!! It didn't enter my mind.

PS..I don't know if they have CHIP in all states...it is Childrens Health Care Insurance Plan...I think..I dunno..I just made that up i think...anyway..it is not medical assistance, it is something else...when medical assistance is denied, it goes to CHIP.
Complete the form and let the chips fall where they may (sorry couldn't resist). Seriously, some assistance programs only do reassessments once a year, others once a quarter. Some like SSI can change every month. This may or may not turn into a problem. Best to just be up front and open. They'll find out anyway. How much benefit did your children get from CHIP since the SSDI began?
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:38 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ha ha ha! Thank you Janke!
I called and told them everything and they just said to complete the app with new info and send the award letter.
Cblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote