Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 10-24-2010, 03:57 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Angry Help read my MRI and tell me what is wrong please?

I got my MRI scans in a CD but my dr. is not available till Next Thu. can some one read my images and tell me how bad my issues are or how small is it please?

Symotoms.. I've a left hip and front of Thigh pain when I sit, stand, walk or even sleep. While the pain not too bad. it is agregating. I'd say my pain level is maybe 2 in a scale of 10 with 10 being the most.

Please help. If someone can read it for me. I can email the images / entire scan

Thanks a lot for your help and support

Sunny

Last edited by mrsD; 10-24-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: removing link according to NT guidelines for new posters
sunnysak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 10-25-2010, 04:56 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

If you have hip and front of thigh pain, it sounds like sciatica to me. That is cause USUALLY by a problem disc. There are other reasons also for sciatica but that is the most common.

You shouldn't be sitting or standing for any length of time. Either walk or lay down to keep from making the pain worse.

Try icing the area too ~ use ice for 20 minutes every 2 hours. This will reduce the swelling and reduce the pain. DO NOT USE HEAT as that will make it worse. I know heat feels better, but it WILL worsen it. A Neurosurgeon taught me this, so I'm not just talking out of my hat.
I've had sciatica for 25 years, and this is pretty much how mine started, so be careful. Best of luck and God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:15 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thankyou for your support. the pain is little reduced today. I am able to stand and sit without feeling the pain. I slept well last night. and I've a dr. appt who is going to read my MRI and tell me what my options are. when I looked at the images (with my little knowledge) I see a Disk Excrussion / Petrosion on 2 place L4 & L5 and L3 & L4.

Just praying.. and trying to stay positive.

Thanks

Sunny
sunnysak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:22 AM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Do you mean that they are bulging?? Or are they herniated?? Can you tell if they're pushing on the spinal cord?

Can you post the MRI? If you could it would be easier to give an opinion. Of course I'm no doctor either. I can just tell you what I think.
God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote