advertisement

Old 11-12-2010, 04:33 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused My father was not called in to see a state doctor, good or bad?

My father is applying for Social security disability but he was not called to see a state doctor, is that good or bad?
My father applied for Social security disability benefits back in June of this year.
Today I checked his status online for about the 40th time, and finally got a message saying that a decision has been made in his case and that we'd receive an official letter by mail....What I am concerned about is that when my mother applied for Disability benefits a few years back she was approved much faster and had to visit a state disability doctor who I assume ultimately had the last word in her case, thankfully everything went well with my mother, but now I am worried that my father's case has taken longer (about 5 months total) and that he was not called in to visit a state doctor...

Why wasn't he called in to have an appointment with a state doctor(I believe it's for a CE examination)? Does that mean that he is denied? Or does that mean that he had a good case therefor a state doctor was not necessary?

Please help, I am about to receive the official letter by mail, but I am nervous at what the outcome may be...and the fact that he wasn't called in to see a state doctor has me thinking the worst :/

Please give me any feedback you may have, I'd love to hear from people who have been in the same situation or from someone that knows about the process.

Thank you for reading!
sakuranokaori is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 11-12-2010, 04:37 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is not being called in to see a state doctor good or bad when applying for SSD?

My father is applying for SSD but he was not called to see a state doctor, is that good or bad?
My father applied for Social security disability benefits back in June of this year.
Today I checked his status online for about the 40th time, and finally got a message saying that a decision has been made in his case and that we'd receive an official letter by mail....What I am concerned about is that when my mother applied for Disability benefits a few years back she was approved much faster and had to visit a state disability doctor who I assume ultimately had the last word in her case, thankfully everything went well with my mother, but now I am worried that my father's case has taken longer (about 5 months total) and that he was not called in to visit a state doctor...

Why wasn't he called in to have an appointment with a state doctor? Does that mean that he is denied? Or does that mean that he had a good case therefor a state doctor was not necessary?

Please help, I am about to receive the official letter by mail, but I am nervous at what the outcome may be...and the fact that he wasn't called in to see a state doctor has me thinking the worst :/

Please give me any feedback you may have, I'd love to hear from people who have been in the same situation or from someone that knows about the process.

Thank you for reading!
Old 11-12-2010, 04:56 PM #3
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

sakuranokaori,

I hope you don't mind...So there's no confusion.. I merged your two threads together to help get the answers in one place.

Abbie

Rest in Peace
3/8/90 ~~ 4/2/12
Abbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:13 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Sorry for double posting.

Sorry, I posted the same question twice since my first one did not go through :O. I should have given it more time to show. Thank you for organizing my posts. Take care!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:18 PM #5
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

No need to apologize...

We are here to help I didn't want you to miss an answer...

I hope someone comes along soon that can help you with your question.

Abbie

Rest in Peace
3/8/90 ~~ 4/2/12
Abbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:19 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was not called in, but i was denied the 1st time...then i went in front of an ALJ and was approved. I was never called in to see their dr as mine provided enough info.
Good luck to you! Let us know the outcome! Fingers are crossed!!!
Cblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:08 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuranokaori View Post
My father is applying for Social security disability but he was not called to see a state doctor, is that good or bad?

Why wasn't he called in to have an appointment with a state doctor(I believe it's for a CE examination)? Does that mean that he is denied? Or does that mean that he had a good case therefor a state doctor was not necessary?

Thank you for reading!
Neither good nor bad.

Claims can take three to nine months.

The letter must be on the way. Could be allowance or denial.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:42 AM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cblue View Post
I was not called in, but i was denied the 1st time...then i went in front of an ALJ and was approved. I was never called in to see their dr as mine provided enough info.
Good luck to you! Let us know the outcome! Fingers are crossed!!!
Exactly how mine was handled, good luck!
37IW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:22 PM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was never called in to see the state doctor and I was approved the first time I applied for SSDI. I received approval within two months of applying. I hope this is the case for your father as well. Good luck. I don't want to sound discouraging in any way at all but from what I understand it is very rare to get approved the first time you apply. I think a lot of it has to do with your diagnosis, doctor's backing, and documentation. I have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) aka Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) in both arms and in my spine affecting my entire upper body. It is a progressive disease that originally began in my right arm and shoulder. It was caused from a nerve injury to the C4/C5 nerve root from a herniated disc. I was 40 at the time (43 now) and was (am) a RN and definitely was no longer able to do that job or any other without the use of my arms so my case was pretty straight forward. The RSD/CRPS was also affecting some internal organs--my heart and stomach. I had a cardiologist, gastroenterologist, neurologist, pain management doctor (anesthesiologist), and my general practitioner all saying I needed to go on disability so I had a lot of medical backing. Anyway, I didn't intend to make this post all about me just trying to explain why I was approved so easily the first time. Again I wish your dad good luck.

Cricket
Cricket183 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:10 PM #10

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hi

i never got called to see their DR. and i was approved the first time on my own with no attorny. i didnt get a letter i called my bank to see if i had money for groceries and it said a very large amount , which i knew i had only 13.87 dollars in there and WOW called bank to see if there was a mistake they said nope it was from the gov. and its mine , that next week i got a letter saying i would be getting money. so not good not bad but if he asked for direct deposit and is awaiting back pay keep a weathered eye on hois account , i had a long history of dr's and a failed attemopt to return to work i applied in feb and got in july same yr.
wdwgranny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote