Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 PM #1

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cinnamon's Healthy Benefits Get Clinical Trial Boost

With reference to earlier threads on similarities of diabetic type 2 and PD caused by inability of mitachondria to accept glucose and the prospect of PD treatment using diabetic 2 drugs or cinamon.

Cinnamon's Healthy Benefits Get Clinical Trial Boost
December 2010

A daily dose of two grams of cinnamon for 12 weeks may improve blood pressure measures and blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes, says new research from Imperial College, London.

According to findings of the randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial, the spice may be considered an interesting supplement to the conventional diabetes medications.

"The two-gram dose of cinnamon administered in our study was safe and well tolerated over the 12 weeks of treatment," wrote Dr. Rajadurai Akilen and his co-workers in Diabetic Medicine.

"The sustainability and durability of the effect of cinnamon has not been tested, nor has its long-term tolerability and safety, both of which will need to be determined. However, the short-term effects of the use of cinnamon for patients with type 2 diabetes look promising."

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/healt...Code=INTHIR393

Imad
imark3000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
just_me_77 (12-09-2010), soccertese (12-10-2010), tulip girl (12-10-2010), VICTORIALOU (12-09-2010), vspot (12-10-2010)

advertisement
Old 12-10-2010, 01:09 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My breakfast consists of a wide variety of oatmeal, 2 tsp cinnamon, touch of vanilla topped with blueberries, walnuts and plain kifer - part of my nutritional therapy.
TG
tulip girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
VICTORIALOU (12-10-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 06:29 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip girl View Post
My breakfast consists of a wide variety of oatmeal, 2 tsp cinnamon, touch of vanilla topped with blueberries, walnuts and plain kifer - part of my nutritional therapy.
TG
yumi ! good apetite
Imad
imark3000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:39 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile cinnamon and coconut oil

I haven't been craving coconut oil lately- like I did when I first started using it a few weeks ago but a very comforting snack or part of breakfast is toast with coconut oil and cinnamon-sugar (or stevia or honey). Anti-inflammatory and reducing blood glucose and cholesterol and delicious.
P.S. On Dr. Oz yesterday, an ayurvedic doctor was on saying that topical use of coconut oil is commonly used daily in India and that curry powder spices (particularly turmuric) helps with reducing inflammation in the brain. She said that Indians have 4X less alzheimer's than western countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imark3000 View Post
yumi ! good apetite
Imad
VICTORIALOU is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (12-11-2010), tulip girl (12-11-2010)
Old 12-11-2010, 11:14 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORIALOU View Post
I haven't been craving coconut oil lately- like I did when I first started using it a few weeks ago but a very comforting snack or part of breakfast is toast with coconut oil and cinnamon-sugar (or stevia or honey). Anti-inflammatory and reducing blood glucose and cholesterol and delicious.
P.S. On Dr. Oz yesterday, an ayurvedic doctor was on saying that topical use of coconut oil is commonly used daily in India and that curry powder spices (particularly turmuric) helps with reducing inflammation in the brain. She said that Indians have 4X less alzheimer's than western countries.
I can't stand to watch "Dr Oz" who talks with authority on every subject when his background is limited except how to make money. Did the show happen to mention that life expectancy in India is 65 years thus less likely to show up a comparable rate of folks developing Alzheimers in countries like the USA (78) or Japan (81)?
Sometimes we desperatly grasp at straws - me included, without looking at the whole picture.

TG
tulip girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
VICTORIALOU (12-11-2010)
Old 12-11-2010, 12:21 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Nope

Hi TG
No, He certainly didn't- well actually the guest speaker (MD) who was presenting the info, didn't mention the earlier average death rate in India.
Statistics and studies are so tricky!
What I don't like about Dr. Oz is his adoration by the mobs- what I do like is his empowering people to think of alternatives to the straight medical path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip girl View Post
I can't stand to watch "Dr Oz" who talks with authority on every subject when his background is limited except how to make money. Did the show happen to mention that life expectancy in India is 65 years thus less likely to show up a comparable rate of folks developing Alzheimers in countries like the USA (78) or Japan (81)?
Sometimes we desperatly grasp at straws - me included, without looking at the whole picture.

TG
VICTORIALOU is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote