Pets & Wildlife For discussion of the pets in our lives, and the wildlife we come across.

advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 12:36 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested

Hello All.

I don't know what I would do without my Bean.
: I would get weaker with my disability if I didn't have her, as she is like a little mini-exercise machine. I am always tinkering with her.

Bean is a 6.2 lb, one year-old, female, Hairy Hairless Palomino Chinese Crested. She's a "nut" and a fine companion. She was born at a kennel in Georgia, and the litter and mom and dad were all rescued by a breeder in Texas. The breeder in Texas was the previous owner of the Sire, and the way the breeder's do their deals, you know, is to revert them back to the original breeder if the new owner can't keep them. The breeder was going to ask $2,000 each for the pups, but I got Bean for $300 as a rescue. If anyone wants to see Bean's registry listing, just go to Google and type in: LeeLoo Love Me Bean. If the page doesn't pop up in the search, just add chinese crested to it. Then click on the Pedigree button to see her Family Tree. You can also see lots of beautiful Chinese Cresteds on this site.

I would like to talk to others that have Chinese Crested dogs, or may be thinking about buying or rescuing one. I don't sell them or anything, and I'm not advertising them. I am happy to answer any questions and also get advice. This breed is very different than other breeds in personality and special needs, and is not a breed for everyone. Bean has been quite a challenge with skin problems associated with the hairless gene mutation. I'm glad to say that she is doing great now, but unfortunately, my vet didn't realize that she was overdosing Bean - This breed is very sensitive to meds and vaccinations, and Bean had a terrible skin reaction to her shots.

Take care,

LaVerne
Attached Thumbnails
Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-bean-5-23-2010-3-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-bean-3-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-bean-11-13-2010-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-bean-10-22-2010-jpg  
LucysFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-10-2010, 12:45 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default LaVerne,

So happy that you and Bean have one another. Pets can be very special. I apologize that in another thread I think I called Bean a 'he'....oops...sorry!

My mom has a little Maltese....she if great company and a real comfort to her, since she lives alone. I know when her former Maltese passed away, she was truly lost. It has been a couple of years, she wasn't sure if she should get another pet. But recently she has gotten her little Bella.

Bean looks in her photos like she is well loved and cared for!!!
Thank you for sharing!

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LucysFlower (12-11-2010)
Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Beautiful Bean!

What a sweet little dog!!! I LOVE all your photos of Bean. I see she is a lucky puppy to have you as you are lucky to have found her. Is she your first Chinese Crested? She has a very comical 80's style hairdo. Don't tell her I said so, I don't want to embarrass her. If she lived in New York she'd need a sweater and a parka and boots tonight.
nanmiya is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LucysFlower (12-11-2010)
Old 12-11-2010, 05:15 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for replies, Friend and Nan!

Yeah, I really enjoy her. These little dogs are a necessary for old folks. She's more like a Service Dog around here.

Oh my Gosh! I see what you mean -- she has a Mullet, LOLOL.

If I was in New York, I would dress her up like Cyndi Lauper.

LaVerne
Attached Thumbnails
Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-bean-5-5-2010-jpg  
LucysFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:30 AM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink Funny, I was THINKING of Cyndi Lauper!

Here are pictures of Tasha close to 18 and little cleo close to 17 years old. Yoshi when she was a 2 month old puppy a few years earlier when the elders were 14 and 15. Musashi lived in the wire apartment below Yoyo's training crate.
Moosie was litterbox trained from infancy- he seemed to have come that way- we were lucky about that. So he was often free to roam the ferret proofed house with the girls. He was part of their pack. We got him when Cleo was 10 and it kept her young and playful. She would go to his cage every morning and they'd kiss through the bars. Then she'd look at me as if to say, "Aren't you going to let him out?"
Attached Thumbnails
Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-tiko-luka-133-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-tiko-luka-11-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-pictures1-027-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-pictures1-076-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-pictures1-067-jpg  

Old 12-12-2010, 03:13 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool More pics of pets

Here are a few more of my babies photos. The mice were later fed to my son's ball python. He is about 13 years old now..... I hear they can live 50 or more years because of very slow metabolisms. Cleo loved to watch the mouse cage like it was a television.
Attached Thumbnails
Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-pictures1-058-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-pictures1-052-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-pictures1-005-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-pictures1-012-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-millie-65-jpg  

Old 12-12-2010, 04:02 PM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool And a couple more....

Hee Hee, I had to add a photo of Manda.
Attached Thumbnails
Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-march-11-07-184-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-march-11-07-790-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-millie-67-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-march-2010-006-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-dsc01138-jpg  

Old 12-12-2010, 04:17 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink I Promise This is all... for now!

A few more and then I'll stop:
Attached Thumbnails
Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-dsc01174-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-fh060023-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-fh060016-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-fh060022-jpg   Bean, Hairy Hairless Chinese Crested-yoshi-halloween-09-jpg  

Tags
chinese crested, hairless dogs