advertisement

Old 12-11-2010, 04:09 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default SSDI with more than one impairment?

I guess just about everyone here on SSDI/SSI has more than one impairment. How is it looked upon with the SSA? Does having one impairment mean automatic disability or is it a combination depending of the severity. My award letter mentions this that and the other thing as far as SSDI is concerned. One impairment mentioned is Ulnar Neuropathy. Is this alone an impairment that can declare you as disabled? I think age as alot too do with it also. A standing up job requires the person to stand 6 out of 8 hrs and I am unable too do that with 2 impairments.
Babyboomer15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-11-2010, 05:53 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboomer15 View Post
I guess just about everyone here on SSDI/SSI has more than one impairment. How is it looked upon with the SSA? Does having one impairment mean automatic disability or is it a combination depending of the severity. My award letter mentions this that and the other thing as far as SSDI is concerned. One impairment mentioned is Ulnar Neuropathy. Is this alone an impairment that can declare you as disabled? I think age as alot too do with it also. A standing up job requires the person to stand 6 out of 8 hrs and I am unable too do that with 2 impairments.
I think you have answered your oen question. Once one disabilit is found severe then it's mandatory for the rest of the illnesses to be taken into consideration.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:41 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboomer15 View Post
I re-read my award letter and it mentions that Ulnar Neuropathy showed up in a test but its never mentioned as an impairment. I have (2) severe impairments. So if an impairment isn't severe,is it even mentioned in everyone's award letter?
Babyboomer15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote