Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome For traumatic brain injury (TBI) and post concussion syndrome (PCS).

advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 11:09 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Reading other forums

I am interested to know if other people have the same problems that I have when reading other forums.

Sometimes people write their forum posts

like this and they use a lot of

space to write what they

are posting and because of

this I get totally confused.

I cannot read and keep up with forum posts that are spaced out like the above, I just get totally confused and I cannot follow. Sometimes people even use different fonts and that throws me off. Problem is, they are all being helpful, but my mind just cannot follow what they write. It seems when someone is broken in pieces my mind goes blank. Does anyone else have this problem or am I unique?

It has started to drive me nuts. I want to read what they write, but I see myself skipping/skimming over the posts. Does this bother anyone else?
July63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-30-2010, 11:32 AM #2
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I think alot of folks space out their paragraphs because lots of us cannot read big chunks of text. I know I can't but I have visual issues because of MS.

If there is a post I really want to read and it's very condensed I just copy and paste it into a word document or even an email to myself and do the editing myself. It's a little more work but if it's something I really want to read sometimes I'll do that.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:46 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No, you are not alone. It bothers me too. I have similar problems. Too much spacing or too much text is daunting to me too. I often simply skip the posts.

This is why I love this forum. Although we often have somewhat different problems we find that we are not alone with our problems.
ConcussedinPA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:04 PM #4
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

July has it right. The spaced out posts leave me spaced out. The War and Peace posts without any paragraph spacing get me lost.

The best for many of us is paragraphs of 4 to 6 lines. We don't care about the grammatical value of paragraph spacing, just the readability.

I also will copy and paste into MSWord to reformat a Post that sounds interesting or is from a newbie who needs help.

Fortunately, this forum has great contributors who quickly understand the needs of the others. A non-PCS forum would wonder what the problem is with long paragraphs.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:34 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
July has it right. The spaced out posts leave me spaced out. The War and Peace posts without any paragraph spacing get me lost.

The best for many of us is paragraphs of 4 to 6 lines. We don't care about the grammatical value of paragraph spacing, just the readability.

I also will copy and paste into MSWord to reformat a Post that sounds interesting or is from a newbie who needs help.

Fortunately, this forum has great contributors who quickly understand the needs of the others. A non-PCS forum would wonder what the problem is with long paragraphs.
Good to know, I will try to follow this suggestion in my future posts.
kikimoma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote