advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 06:30 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default denied2ntime for "SSDi"

well folks i got bad news today.i got turned down for the 2nd time for "SSDI".i have no more income.cause i exhausted all my "workcomp".all i have left is the settlement from that to live off.since this is the holiday week my lawyer office is closed till jan'.so i called my doctor myself to get a "work release"from him to return back to my job.even if i have to lie to my doctor,i will.i simply have no other income coming in so i have to go back to work,even if it pains me.sorry just needed to talk to someone.guess im just depress and panicky.no sure what to do next.....any tips or advice would be appreciated
don1956 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 12-30-2010, 09:45 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am sorry for your troubles Why can't everyone have happy moments. Bad times suck.
July63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 04:31 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Don,

It's a tough time of year with the holidays and heating bills to get financial bad news......I'm sorry for what you are going through.

I'm not sure if you just want to vent and get emotional support or if you have specific questions about applying for SSDI.

Was this a denial at the reconsideration stage and now you will try at the ALJ level ? Or are you dropping your claim now ? I'm concerned about your statement that you will get a release to return to work from your doctor. If he has factually reported your inability to work, he really can't contradict himself now. And......if you are appealing SSA's decision, documentation that you can work would obviously blow your chances. Can you physically perform a job ? If you can manage that, even if it's difficult for you, then you aren't totally disabled. If you try to go back to work, but are unable to maintain substantial gainful employment, that failed work attempt could HELP your SSDI claim, but not if you have documentation from your doctor saying that you should be able to work with no problems.

Does your lawyer regularly work with SSDI applications ? Or was he your WC lawyer just fudging his way through this ? How optimistic had he been about your SSDI claim ? Are you sure that all of your medical documentation was thorough ?

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:50 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

thanks "Finz" maybe i was over reacting.its just all this hard work and waiting just to get turned down.we did go before an "ALJ".i havent heard from my lawyer yet cause he's on vacation till janurary(perfect timing ) so im not sure what im to do next.i guess i can always cancell my doctor appointment till i talk to my lawyer.but your right about my bills.how can i pay my property taxes,insurance,etc...so i will wait till monday and see what he say's.but thanks for helping me with some words of hope and ration.its what i needed
Old 12-31-2010, 05:11 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was really lucky Don.....while I was waiting for 3 years for SSDI approval, we also had my husband's income. Things were tight, but we were never really worried about losing the house or putting food on the table.

There have been many, many stories on here like your's.....of people suffering devastating financial loss while waiting for SSDI approval. SSDI is supposed to save the disabled from such losses, but the delays and denials (because there are so many false claims being made) make getting timely financial help very difficult.

I'm sorry for what you are going through.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:32 PM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Don if you want to appeal it to the Appeals Council you only have a certain number of days in which to do it. If your lawyer isnt going to be back for that time period then file the appeal yourself to make sure you are protected. It should say on that letter somewhere how long you have to appeal.
echoes long ago is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:48 PM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
Don if you want to appeal it to the Appeals Council you only have a certain number of days in which to do it. If your lawyer isnt going to be back for that time period then file the appeal yourself to make sure you are protected. It should say on that letter somewhere how long you have to appeal.
you know your right.there is an appeal on there.my lawyer was so confident that it would pass he and the paralegal are both gone till the first of the new year(perfect timing)by time i put in the appeal they will be back.but i was going to notify them anyway that monday morning .but again thank you all for your kind help.happy new year to you all and may god bless you all(i can tell by your all help that he dwell in you all)

p.s please feel free with the info
Old 01-02-2011, 12:34 AM #8
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1956 View Post
you know your right.there is an appeal on there.my lawyer was so confident that it would pass he and the paralegal are both gone till the first of the new year(perfect timing)by time i put in the appeal they will be back.but i was going to notify them anyway that monday morning .but again thank you all for your kind help.happy new year to you all and may god bless you all(i can tell by your all help that he dwell in you all)

p.s please feel free with the info
You have 60 days to file with the Appeals Council. They give you 5 days from the time you received the ruling. Your attorney should request the Appeal form fill that out, send it, and then he can send the brief later. Make sure he sends all you medical history, if you can try to get a couple of new MRI's if they are not up to date get blood, get new reports from your doctors or whatever you can to prove your condition. Have your attorney go over why you were turned down by the ALJ and find where the judge or magistrate was in error.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:21 AM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalmania View Post
You have 60 days to file with the Appeals Council. They give you 5 days from the time you received the ruling. Your attorney should request the Appeal form fill that out, send it, and then he can send the brief later. Make sure he sends all you medical history, if you can try to get a couple of new MRI's if they are not up to date get blood, get new reports from your doctors or whatever you can to prove your condition. Have your attorney go over why you were turned down by the ALJ and find where the judge or magistrate was in error.
yes,i certainly will.most likely he will call me before i will call him.buteither way come monday morning it will get done.and i know he will go over the "denial".it just the response was so quickwe didnt expect a response till at least feb'11.but thank you for your help.glad there are so many kind folks here like yourself
Old 01-02-2011, 07:09 AM #10

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused I'm new to this support group thing, but in the same boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1956 View Post
well folks i got bad news today.i got turned down for the 2nd time for "SSDI".i have no more income.cause i exhausted all my "workcomp".all i have left is the settlement from that to live off.since this is the holiday week my lawyer office is closed till jan'.so i called my doctor myself to get a "work release"from him to return back to my job.even if i have to lie to my doctor,i will.i simply have no other income coming in so i have to go back to work,even if it pains me.sorry just needed to talk to someone.guess im just depress and panicky.no sure what to do next.....any tips or advice would be appreciated
I'm in the same position! I've had RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) since I was originally diagnosed @ 17. I was able to get through the University of Arizona's College of Nursing thanks to an amazing doctor who saw the fight in me, & implanted my very 1st spinal cord stimulator @ 23yrs old, during my summer off. What an amazing man. Long story short... It allowed me to get not just my degree, but my dream job back in CA. During my job I was exposed to an MRIf inadvertently. My leads were pulled out & I started having seizures... I took a leave of absence 5yrs ago & have never been able to get back. Not to mention my RSD has spread into both legs. I was on SSDI until a 3 month hospitalization & with no movement of my money they cut me off. I was just 3 months later in a 4 car pile up. Just last year I received a settlement & that's what I've been living off of. I've reapplied in every way possible & just can't get back on. Since diagnosed I have never "played up my disease" but I almost feel like I have to. I know I'm young but I've worked since I was 14. Not being able to work is killing me. I can't get the OT PT and psych help I need without $ & I desperately need my SSDI to get it. It's a vicious circle that's totally killing all the pieces of me that used to be good, caring & strong... If anyone knows how to work the system or has any suggestions... I'm totally open! Please help!!!
CarrieBriana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote