Sanctuary for Spiritual Support This "Sanctuary" is a place for people of all spiritual beliefs and faiths to offer support and compassion to each other in the form of prayers, meditation, and expressions of spirituality. This forum is for support, not religious debate.

advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 11:55 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Dear Friends

What a difficult week this has been. At the end of last week our dog of 15 1/2 years was euthanized. It seemed to come up suddenly even though we knew 15 years was a long time. But Monday brought many tasks related to SSDI, Workers Comp, Disability Retirement, Refills needed from a dr 75 miles away, etc, etc, etc. It has been 7 weeks since I've had a paycheck and yet after 5 phone calls(I don't even want to know how many minutes it adds up to) the best I could get out of anyone was that I only had 8 days left to respond to a letter I had never received. Nor had any of the others who were noted as having been sent the letter. So I don't even know what is in the letter because the woman I spoke with today said she could not discuss what was in it over the phone.

Because I am a federal employee, to file for disability retirement I have to first file for SSDI. Wow, might as well take a hammer to your head as much thinking as that takes. I actually had to do it in three chuncks because my last nerve block is wearing off and the visits are coming more frequent and with a vengence. And I twice have had to call my personal physician and check on the copies of my medical records they are making that I requested 10 days ago. I tried to start filling out my retirement forms, but it is just too much and is too important to do with a brain that is busy doing other things, like buzzing louder than a hornet's nest.

But the big thing tonight that seems like piling on is the refills. I call my pm on Mon to make sure it would be done by Thurs, when I would run out of my muscle relaxer and xanax. I checked on Tues, it wasn't ready, my husband went to pick up something else on Wed but mine wasn't ready. I called the pharmacy yesterday to check on it, and the tech's reply was that was just faxed yesterday.. Deep Breathe, Deep Breathe. I checked this morning, different time zone so I have to wait later than I want but they have received nothing from the doc. So I call the Dr off, but he's not in today and she said their fax printer had been down and he had done a big bunch of them yesterday but maybe mine got missed. She finally decided it would be best if I called my primary physician since he had originally prescribed the xanax for me. Well, I knew then that disaster was heading my way. I requested, but aside from the fact that they seldom get requests on Fridays done, the script from my prim phys is for less than what my pm doc has had me taking so it would be too soon to get a refill even if they do get it called in.

So here I sit, waiting to enter into this good night with no xanax after taking 1 mg before bed each night and only one zanaflex to use in place of 6 until Monday. I'm trying toremember the words to 'hot time in the old town tonight', but they are just not coming.

I tell you all my sad story not because I fear the next 3 days but to ask for your prayers. My irritation, agitation and cramping I'm sure will try to get the best of me, but greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. I'm pretty sure I won't be waltzing around like Loretta Young, but I would ask for a measure of mercy and grace as I go my way.

So if you feel led, would you add me to your prayer list. And may God grant you in return 10 fold the answers He pours out on me and my husband.

This might be my sign off for the weekend
I'm might crash, but I won't burn,
with a grateful heart to the One before
Whom passes all that touches me,
to God be the glory,
pat e

gramE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (01-08-2011), Koala77 (01-11-2011)

advertisement
Old 01-08-2011, 01:59 AM #2
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil -- it has no point.
Darlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gramE (01-08-2011), Kitty (01-08-2011)
Old 01-08-2011, 10:37 AM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Prayers and (((hugs)))) GramE
Old 01-08-2011, 10:54 AM #4
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Praying for you, Pat.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gramE (01-08-2011)
Old 01-08-2011, 11:41 AM #5
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I am praying for you too, Pat

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-08-2011, 11:43 AM #6
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

You are indeed on my prayer list, Pat. There is an old chorus (from back in the days of Loretta Young) which testifies "My Lord knows the way through the wilderness; all I have to do is follow." I surely don't know the way, but He does!

The red tape and contradictory instructions for my disability retirement combined for a nightmare. I read you loud and clear. Hold on tightly to His unfailing hand until you get on the other side of the trouble.

Would the emergency department be of any help if it came right down to it?

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Old 01-08-2011, 01:09 PM #7
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

This was my daily devotional today:

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all”
(2 Corinthians 4:17, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD:

Are you facing a difficulty or trial that seems like it’s been lasting a long time? Today’s verse tells us that our trials are really only momentary. Compared with eternity, our troubles don’t last long at all! As you stand strong in faith during times of adversity, you are building faith and achieving eternal glory.

If you are in the middle of tough times today, look to God. The Bible says that He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. He is the One who writes faith on your heart and then develops it to completion on the inside of you. He is building strength in you, He is depositing joy in you, and He is empowering you to make it through.

Today, be encouraged because what you are facing is only temporary. Victory is on the way, and it’s closer than you think! Keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping, and keep confessing His Word because He is faithful, and He will complete what He’s started in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Heavenly Father, thank You for working Your eternal glory in me. I cast my cares on You today, knowing that my trials and troubles are temporary. Thank You for Your eternal blessing on my life today and for leading me into victory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (01-08-2011), gramE (01-08-2011)
Old 01-08-2011, 02:09 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
This was my daily devotional today:

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all”
(2 Corinthians 4:17, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD:

Are you facing a difficulty or trial that seems like it’s been lasting a long time? Today’s verse tells us that our trials are really only momentary. Compared with eternity, our troubles don’t last long at all! As you stand strong in faith during times of adversity, you are building faith and achieving eternal glory.

If you are in the middle of tough times today, look to God. The Bible says that He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. He is the One who writes faith on your heart and then develops it to completion on the inside of you. He is building strength in you, He is depositing joy in you, and He is empowering you to make it through.

Today, be encouraged because what you are facing is only temporary. Victory is on the way, and it’s closer than you think! Keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping, and keep confessing His Word because He is faithful, and He will complete what He’s started in you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY:

Heavenly Father, thank You for working Your eternal glory in me. I cast my cares on You today, knowing that my trials and troubles are temporary. Thank You for Your eternal blessing on my life today and for leading me into victory. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Dear Kitty,
I really had to laugh when I read your daily scripture. I have a pile of little notes here at the computer where I will see something and write down one word or a website, something to remind me of something I want to look up. My husband patiently reminds me and neatens the pile. I picked it up this week to follow through on a couple of notes that needed to be sent and one was a scrap of paper with 2Cor4:17 written on it, but all I did was move the stack from one room to the other.

But God in His stubborn love, knew he would have to type that verse out before my eyes before I was going to get it looked up.

Refreshing to know that this is only light and momentary. This week I was reminded that Paul was in Taursas for NINE years before he went on his first missionary journey. God knows best and I'm stickin' with Him.

Thank you for your obedience in posting the devotion, as obviously the Lord wanted me to read that scripture.

My husband came home from work this morning and asked how my night went. I said well, do you mean compared to a normal functioning person, or a person say like your wife with RSD. He laughed and I said for an RSD'r with no xanax and no muscle relaxers, it wasn't bad. It could have been a lot worse. And you get used to being awake all night after a while. When it first started happening, I would get kind of panicky. I try to remember to take what is served and make the best of it.

lightly and temporarily afflicted,
eternally secure,
pat
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (01-08-2011), Chemar (01-08-2011), Kitty (01-08-2011), Koala77 (01-11-2011)
Old 01-10-2011, 11:18 AM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear Friends,
Well, I did this once but i don't know where it went, I'm pretty sure I hit the wrong button.
The dr is not in today so I have one more day to walk through this valley. I'm shaaky and haven't had much sleep, I'm makin' it thanks to your prayers.

This is the daay the Lord has made, let us REJOICE and be glad in it.
Amen!
pat
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (01-10-2011), Chemar (01-11-2011), Darlene (01-11-2011), Kitty (01-10-2011)
Old 01-10-2011, 11:28 AM #10
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Glad you checked in, Pat. I was wondering how you were doing. I'm glad you're still hanging in there. You have lots of prayers behind you here.