advertisement

Old 01-07-2011, 11:57 PM #1
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member
Default The Stress and Emotions behind SS Disability

This thread is for those who feel they just need to express some of the feelings they have while waiting for their SS decision.

I have helped a few people get Social Security Disability and I must admit it becomes so hard to hear how they are suffering. They have no money, how will they pay their bills? They are in pain and need to see their doctor, what can be done? All these questions seem to be addressed to me all the time. Unfortunately I cannot always answer their questions, so I'm hoping everyone who has questions and positive answers come together on this thread and maybe we can help each other.

I'm looking for positive feedback, I know sometimes there is not a whole lot that can be done, but lets do out best for the ones who are waiting and need someone to talk to and give them a positive outlook even if it is just for enough time to give them a good nights rests, or even a good afternoon. So to all of you out there with a pending case, this thread is for you.

I am also going to start a thread at the "social chat" on this site.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-21-2013), disab t (06-06-2011), don1956 (01-08-2011), ginnie (03-07-2012), ladydeedee (08-21-2011), Mz Migraine (01-10-2011), Rrae (01-08-2011)

advertisement
Old 01-08-2011, 12:10 AM #2
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member
Default The Stress and Emotion of SS Disability

The paper work alone is enough to stress you out. We're here to help those who are suffering with the Social Security Disability Administration and just need someone to talk to. Everyone is invited to join in. Whether you are trying to get approved or trying to help someone, I hope we can give positive reinforcement to those who are struggling right now. Your stories are welcomed and I hope in some small way we can help.
"Thanks for this!" says:
clarkstar (01-10-2011), ginnie (03-07-2012)
Old 01-08-2011, 08:36 AM #3
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

((hugs)) I am glad you are willing to be helpful. I have a question tho. Do you charge a fee if you get involved in helping someone file for SSDI? Are you a legal office or just a friendly helper who does this for free?

I was rare, my SSDI was easy. The place I worked for retired me, and filed the paper work for me. My retirement is caculated based on what I get from SSDI so its cheaper for them to get me on it. I didnt have a single hiccup.

I helped a friend file years later and the folks at the small town local office were extremely helpful. They provided a person to sit down with her to help her fill out the paperwork and help her understand the follow thru and next step needed. Many folks dont know that the SS office will assign someone to help you if you ask.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:52 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

well let me be the first to jump in and to say thanks to youthis is a real tough time for me(us)in every sense of the word(financially,physically,emotionally,etc).not knowing the "Unknown". cant get answer's .always on "Hold".but want to say again is a big thanks to "LegalMania" and others here.we may not have the answer to everyone question or problem,but this is a good place for us to hear,listen or just talk to others.its real rough "OutHere"when you feel alone.cause the mind will play "games"with you,and unfortunately there all negative.You'll have time when its difficult to get a good night sleep,lost of appitite,hard to concentrate on other things.your whole life as you once knew/had is now different.but i think with this "socialChat" here that "LegalMania" is putting together will help some
hope all will partake and take advantage of this
don1956 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-07-2012), legalmania (01-10-2011)
Old 01-08-2011, 04:32 PM #5
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default benefits

While I was waiting for my benefits, I had five surgeries with no insurance. All my savings for my whole life was used up. I am on dissability, and sad that I can't work, mad at all the agiencies involved and sick of waiting to talk to them on the phone. I have found the whole proceedure very difficult, and alot of people do indeed suffer. If you have no resourses, there is little a person can do. I borrowed to exist from my family. I receive medicade also, and have now been informed that will no longer exist, it was just instated this past April 2010. Now Where did that coverage go? I am on the phone writing letters once again. fun fun fun ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-21-2013), legalmania (01-10-2011)
Old 01-08-2011, 04:34 PM #6
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default thank you

Thank you for a place to vent about this subject. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:07 PM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Let's do our best together!

Thanks to legalmania for starting this thread. My father applied for social security disability June 2010 and was approved finally in Dec.2010 after months of sleepless nights and I want to share with others my family's story. My message to you all is to not let the worries get to you. Take time out to focus your energy on other things and let things be what they will be. I know it's easier said than done, but it's necessary for you and your family's well-being. We were so worried for the first three months that we were mentally exhausted asking ourselves "What if it get's denied..What if some info is missing..What if"
We got to the point where we said "That's it!We've done everything we can do so if it gets denied then it gets denied, all that would be left to do it to appeal..and if we have to appeal over and over again we'll do it if it comes down to it!" So we stopped worrying and let things run their course..

but ofcourse I do advise to be on top of the doctors/receptionists/nurses in charge of your case. Contact the medical examiner in charge of your case everytime you have to do a medical update(whether you have started taking new medicine, whether there's been a change in dosage quantity, whether you've seen a new doctor, whether you started taking therapy, anything). If you don't have a fax,get yourself one, it is a must. That way you have peace of mind that your info was received. Try to take all the right steps and remember to take things one step at a time. Paperwork is part of the process so don't get frustrated. Get all your things in order, ask many questions and you will have a better chance at getting approved. My advice would be to not leave everything up to others when it comes to your case. Take charge and have a positive outlook at the same time.

Godbless and don't lose hope, even if you get denied just try and try again. You are not alone, so many people get denied the first time but you just have to re-strategize and just do it! Don't lose confidence in your case, only you know your condition, only you feel the pain so you must fight for it!

and as a final note, always have god in your heart..he is the one fighting alongside with you and your loved ones.

Big hugs and kisses to all of you going through this process.
sakuranokaori is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (03-07-2012), legalmania (01-10-2011)
Old 01-08-2011, 10:17 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

"Sakuranokaori"said something that i strongly agree with by having god in your heart.i got baptize on 10/10/10.i pray to him daily.and by joining a church it keeps me busy with there functions.good people and good fun
don1956 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Feather Sawyer (02-28-2013), ginnie (03-07-2012)
Old 01-09-2011, 08:36 PM #9
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejibo View Post
((hugs)) I am glad you are willing to be helpful. I have a question tho. Do you charge a fee if you get involved in helping someone file for SSDI? Are you a legal office or just a friendly helper who does this for free?

I was rare, my SSDI was easy. The place I worked for retired me, and filed the paper work for me. My retirement is caculated based on what I get from SSDI so its cheaper for them to get me on it. I didnt have a single hiccup.

I helped a friend file years later and the folks at the small town local office were extremely helpful. They provided a person to sit down with her to help her fill out the paperwork and help her understand the follow thru and next step needed. Many folks dont know that the SS office will assign someone to help you if you ask.
I would never charge a fee to someone in need. I am presently working freelance, however I have attorney's who can lead me into the right direction. Why don't you p.m me with the details and I can help you.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Feather Sawyer (02-28-2013)
Old 01-09-2011, 08:46 PM #10
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

I'm so glad to see people getting involved please let your stories become reality. Thank you for your time. Peace be with you.

Last edited by legalmania; 01-10-2011 at 04:44 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (01-10-2011)