advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 03:27 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Technical Difficulties holding up my back pay

I was awarded back pay over a month ago. I kept calling ss to find about my status on payment. They kept telling me they were waiting on Social Services to tell them how much I owed to them (I was on Temporary Disabled Adult Program in Maryland that paid me $185 a month for 15 mos.). I talked to my Social Worker last week and she said they gave ssdi the info they needed. I asked her to call ssdi and she did. I talked to her today and she said the person from ssdi said "because of technical difficulties, they cant find the info in the computer. I've called my "contact person" at Social Security and keep getting her voice mail. I leave a msg. and don't get a call back. I think she just doesn't want to tell me they screwed up and don't know what they are going to do to straighten it all out.
Does anyone have any ideas on who I could contact to help me get this SNAFU fixed?
I've been living in my parents basement for 2 1/2 yrs. and I'm broke (they cut me off the state program) and ready to move on with my life, as pitiful as it is.
bdh1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-10-2011, 10:00 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcs View Post
I was awarded back pay over a month ago. I kept calling ss to find about my status on payment. They kept telling me they were waiting on Social Services to tell them how much I owed to them (I was on Temporary Disabled Adult Program in Maryland that paid me $185 a month for 15 mos.). I talked to my Social Worker last week and she said they gave ssdi the info they needed. I asked her to call ssdi and she did. I talked to her today and she said the person from ssdi said "because of technical difficulties, they cant find the info in the computer. I've called my "contact person" at Social Security and keep getting her voice mail. I leave a msg. and don't get a call back. I think she just doesn't want to tell me they screwed up and don't know what they are going to do to straighten it all out.
Does anyone have any ideas on who I could contact to help me get this SNAFU fixed?
I've been living in my parents basement for 2 1/2 yrs. and I'm broke (they cut me off the state program) and ready to move on with my life, as pitiful as it is.
It is reasonable to expect retroactive benefits in 90 days. Your case is still being processed, along with all the others who are in various stages. Doubtful you can do anything. Doubtful the case is 'screwed up'.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:33 AM #3
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

If it is technical difficulties ?? Can't social services resend the info?
Or is it some other info misplaced?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:48 PM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It will take the full 90 days before the back-pay arrives.

Knowing this will help you plan for the future without being so stressed-out while waiting.

Since you know it will take 90 days, then relax a bit knowing that help is on the way, albeit slowly.

It will arrive...

-Vic
Victor H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:56 PM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'd keep calling your contact person. If it's been more than a week , I'd call the main SSA number and explain that you are not getting a call back from your contact person.

I know how frustrating it can be......I've been trying to get SSA to understand that I am no longer collecting WC (which capped out my family benefit) so they should be paying my kids $900 a month. I've been trying to work it out for a year now.........bureaucracy never moves quickly.....

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:34 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
I'd keep calling your contact person. If it's been more than a week , I'd call the main SSA number and explain that you are not getting a call back from your contact person.

I know how frustrating it can be......I've been trying to get SSA to understand that I am no longer collecting WC (which capped out my family benefit) so they should be paying my kids $900 a month. I've been trying to work it out for a year now.........bureaucracy never moves quickly.....
My contact at SS finally returned my call. She almost sounded like she was embarassed to have to tell me the info that DSS sent them "electronicly" was lost somewhere in the system. She said she had a person t the main office (Baltimore, I guess) she can call and would get back to me if she can get him. It sounds like this is some kind of new system that still has bugs.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:48 PM #7

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm glad you got a call back.

Sorry that you still have to wait......but at least you know someone is awake there and trying to solve the holdup for you.

I hope it won't be too long.......

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:38 PM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
I'm glad you got a call back.

Sorry that you still have to wait......but at least you know someone is awake there and trying to solve the holdup for you.

I hope it won't be too long.......
Got another callback and she talked to her guy in Baltimore and the money will be in my acct. no later than next Wed. WOOHOO
Moral to the story...never give up, just keep bugging the hell out of them until they give in, LOL.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:44 PM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcs View Post
Got another callback and she talked to her guy in Baltimore and the money will be in my acct. no later than next Wed. WOOHOO
Moral to the story...never give up, just keep bugging the hell out of them until they give in, LOL.
And I bet you were the kid who sat in the back seat and ask your Dad "are we there yet?" every 5 minutes.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:07 PM #10

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
And I bet you were the kid who sat in the back seat and ask your Dad "are we there yet?" every 5 minutes.
OK, got my SSI portion of my back pay but I was also qualified for backpy from SSDI. The last letter I received from SSDI said they were withholding payment for the same reason they were originally holding up my SSI.
Since the problem was resolved, how long could it take to get my back pay from SSDI? Also, will they deduct what I received from SSI from my SSDI payment?