advertisement

Old 01-18-2011, 06:58 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default After their doctor evaluates you, how long?

After their doctor evaluates you, how long does it usually take until you hear the results?
rbwalton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-18-2011, 08:25 PM #2
n/a

10 yr Member
n/a

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbwalton View Post
After their doctor evaluates you, how long does it usually take until you hear the results?
I don't like being so vague but sometimes it depends on what state you are in, in Florida they always say 4 to 6 weeks. Sometimes it's just the doctor and how efficient their office is in getting reports out. Hope it's soon, I know waiting is awful when you don't feel well.
legalmania is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For my wife it took around a month. Her lawyer received the info from the doc through SS not her. We are in Virginia.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:20 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am in Alabama. I filed in Dec 2009, took the physical in January 2010. And I received my denial in April 2010. I guess Alabama is pretty slow.

Last edited by Rickey; 01-20-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am in Ohio, and the reports have taken various amounts of time. One time a report supposedly got lost for over 7 months. Amazing isn't it? Lisa
Lisa in Ohio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:28 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for providing me a ball park guess. I know from prior experience with WC system that things run very slow even with a 45 day limit as imposed in Cal WC anyway. I waited more than twice that long for my first QME report and luckily was able to throw it out due to them missing the timeliness requirements by so long. My second (new) QME was a bit more thorough and more favorable to me besides.
rbwalton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:30 PM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well, it really depends both on the case and the doctor.

Some of the doctors send their reports in to us same-day or same-week. Some take a month. Very rarely do they take longer, but it has happened. If I am not receiving a report within the month we are calling the office to find out why.

After I receive a report, it really does vary. I could approve or deny the case the same day. I might need another doctor to review the case which can take another week or two. We might (rarely, but it happens) need to send you to a second exam for additional or more specialized information, in which case obviously it will take longer.

The best thing for you to do is call your examiner up (they should have phone numbers on the letters they have sent you) and ask about the status of your claim. He or she can let you know if they are waiting on the report or what is happening. I am sorry that I cannot give you a more definite answer but unfortunately there is no definite answer

Good luck!
kallixenia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:24 AM #8

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallixenia View Post
Well, it really depends both on the case and the doctor.

Some of the doctors send their reports in to us same-day or same-week. Some take a month. Very rarely do they take longer, but it has happened. If I am not receiving a report within the month we are calling the office to find out why.

After I receive a report, it really does vary. I could approve or deny the case the same day. I might need another doctor to review the case which can take another week or two. We might (rarely, but it happens) need to send you to a second exam for additional or more specialized information, in which case obviously it will take longer.

The best thing for you to do is call your examiner up (they should have phone numbers on the letters they have sent you) and ask about the status of your claim. He or she can let you know if they are waiting on the report or what is happening. I am sorry that I cannot give you a more definite answer but unfortunately there is no definite answer

Good luck!
Hi kallixenia,
You sound like you might work for SSA. If so, I have a question I would like to ask. I have several medical problems that according to SSDI rules qualify me for disability. COPD is another problem I have but it is not to the point that I had to quit work because of it. But that is the only thing SSA made their denial decision on according to my lawyer. They didn't even look at everything else which was plainly stated on my claim form. They didn't get medical records on anything but the COPD. Every thing medically wrong with me is treated at one VA hospital where thay got the records for the COPD. My question is; why did they ignore the problems that qualify me for disability and only go with the one that does not qualify?

Thanks, rlj1959
Rickey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:29 AM #9

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj1959 View Post
Hi kallixenia,
You sound like you might work for SSA. If so, I have a question I would like to ask. I have several medical problems that according to SSDI rules qualify me for disability. COPD is another problem I have but it is not to the point that I had to quit work because of it. But that is the only thing SSA made their denial decision on according to my lawyer. They didn't even look at everything else which was plainly stated on my claim form. They didn't get medical records on anything but the COPD. Every thing medically wrong with me is treated at one VA hospital where thay got the records for the COPD. My question is; why did they ignore the problems that qualify me for disability and only go with the one that does not qualify?

Thanks, rlj1959
It's hard for me to really comment on this without knowing the specifics of the case. I can take a stab at it, but rather than hijack the thread I'll send you a PM.
kallixenia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote