Spinal Disorders & Back Pain For discussion of all spinal cord injuries, spinal issues, back-related pain or problems.

advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Still in Pain T-7 HELP!

OK here i go, I'm a 38yold male. Back in 08 I had so much back pain i couldn't stand it, after going to many Doctors and a year later they found that i had two lower bulging disc L4L5 and T7 had blown out causing most of my pain. Pieces of T7 was pushing against my spinal cord. Had Surgery Sept09 on T7, they split my ribs deflated r/t lung and removed a 3rd of the disc. Since I still have pain In the middle of my back along with pain in my breast plate making it hard to breath at times and get tired easy. And he messed up some cord of nerves under my r/t rib. causing it to hurt all the time and have no feeling to the touch under the r/t rib. Doc. said to find a easy job, Its just a job to hold up the weight of my own head to make it through a day. Doctor told me There are many people walking around in pain get used to it, I have a crack in my main foundation he says. Since i have been to a cpl new Doctors but they freak when they find out i had that surgery. What can i do! Seems i cant get help or disability or answers....HELP!
Onebadback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-28-2011, 12:13 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onebadback View Post
OK here i go, I'm a 38yold male. Back in 08 I had so much back pain i couldn't stand it, after going to many Doctors and a year later they found that i had two lower bulging disc L4L5 and T7 had blown out causing most of my pain. Pieces of T7 was pushing against my spinal cord. Had Surgery Sept09 on T7, they split my ribs deflated r/t lung and removed a 3rd of the disc. Since I still have pain In the middle of my back along with pain in my breast plate making it hard to breath at times and get tired easy. And he messed up some cord of nerves under my r/t rib. causing it to hurt all the time and have no feeling to the touch under the r/t rib. Doc. said to find a easy job, Its just a job to hold up the weight of my own head to make it through a day. Doctor told me There are many people walking around in pain get used to it, I have a crack in my main foundation he says. Since i have been to a cpl new Doctors but they freak when they find out i had that surgery. What can i do! Seems i cant get help or disability or answers....HELP!
I'm sorry to hear about how much pain you have, and that you haven't found a good doctor to help you. It sounds like you've had a very long road. Do you live in the United States or Canada? I live in Ontario, our health system is very different here, so it seems to make a difference in the type of care you receive. I hope you find some answers, my father has been on disability for 13 years for severe DDD as well as 3 level back fusion and an ACDF 15 years ago... and myself, I'm having a 3 level fusion (ACFD) in my cervical spine next month, hoping to not end up on disability. (I really want to go back to work, hoping)

I've had no problems at all with WSIB, since my work as a graphic designer directly impacted my neck and pinched nerves in my hands, my work caused my problem, but I've heard others who have had problems like you getting someone to listen and want to cure, not just medicate. My neurosurgeon also told me to expect major lifestyle changes and suggested I change career paths (hard to do at 40 years old.. it's all I've ever done). How do you find a 'lighter' job? I don't think the doctor's realize what they tell us sometimes.

If you're in the U.S. I'm not sure how disability works, but if you're having that much pain and problems then you have to weigh whether your quality of life is worth comprimising for a job?

Have you had a recent MRI? There is no arguing with pure facts, pain is hard to prove, but an MRI will show problems without the insurance company's disagreement....

Best wishes, I hope you find some answers here!
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:35 AM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ That doctor was extremely remiss by telling you to just "get used to it." He SHOULD be trying to find out what the heck is wrong!!! He should have ordered X-rays AND an MRI with and without contrast. You don't say that you had any instrumentation, so i assume he didn't do any fusion, correct???

Ask your regular doc to order these two tests -- and see what the heck is going on. Get copies of the reports for yourself. If the doctor thinks you need to be referred to a Neurosurgeon, for Pete's sake, don't go to the SAME ONE. Best of luck and let us know what happens, ok?? We really DO care! Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote