advertisement

Old 01-31-2011, 04:34 PM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Cool new to the board

hi everyone i just came across this message board. my name is mark and at the moment i am 55 years of age. i have been on ss disability since july 2007. july of 2010 was my CDR date but it still has not been sent to me.i was wondering why not? i know i have read in other places that there is a delay for CDR, but could it be this late? could they have decided that i am not getting it? i called in july to make sure it was not sent and it was lost in the mail and all the person said was at the time there was no review scheduled for me......did not want to push the issue so i said thank you and hung up......is there a way to find out what is exactly going on with my chart? i have also read that at my age they might just decide not to review me but i would love to know for sure.how many of you in your mid 50's have been reviewed ? just trying to get a better understanding of my situation...thanks for any help you can give me...
markack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 01-31-2011, 06:45 PM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Be happy that you aren't being reviewed. Its a nothing to gain and everything too lose situation. I'm about the same age and have asked many times the same question. It's possible never to get reviewed but don't hold your breath. Make sure you keep going to your doctor(s) and keep medical records. It would be a big burden off our shoulders knowing that there would be no reviews. I would guess we both will be reviewed at least once. I would get the short form because its 5-7 yrs for me.
Babyboomer15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:19 PM #3

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboomer15 View Post
Be happy that you aren't being reviewed. Its a nothing to gain and everything too lose situation. I'm about the same age and have asked many times the same question. It's possible never to get reviewed but don't hold your breath. Make sure you keep going to your doctor(s) and keep medical records. It would be a big burden off our shoulders knowing that there would be no reviews. I would guess we both will be reviewed at least once. I would get the short form because its 5-7 yrs for me.
thanks BB, is that how it works. if you get a 5-7 year review u get the short form and i with a 3 year review get the long form?
markack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:22 PM #4

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

As far as I know,thats true.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:53 PM #5

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboomer15 View Post
As far as I know,thats true.
What is the difference between the short form and long form?

On my approval letter it does not state a time for my next CDR. Is there a reason why it would not state a time frame? I dont want to call and ask for it but I am curious.
tadpol is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:41 PM #6

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadpol View Post
What is the difference between the short form and long form?

On my approval letter it does not state a time for my next CDR. Is there a reason why it would not state a time frame? I dont want to call and ask for it but I am curious.
Short form is for people not expected too improve(5-7 yr review). There are also 1-3 and 3-5 yr reviews. Check other threads for details.