Pets & Wildlife For discussion of the pets in our lives, and the wildlife we come across.

advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 07:14 PM #1
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Feliway, ever heard of it?

as far as Jack my cat I have tried multiple remedies to get him around that stressful corner. He has had a horrible bladder condition and required surgery to stop him from blocking. Even tho he had the surgery, he continues to experience painful epidsodes and suffers from great anxiety and became very fearful

He is on antidepressants, he is on anti anxiety meds, he has been given accupuncture, and cat massage and so on. This far nothing has worked, and he remained a stressed out mess. He was quickly headed towards another flare of this awful disease when I spoke to yet another vet. This vet reccomended a feline hormone spray that can be purchased commercially called Feliway. Skeptical and upset that even more of my money is chasing down the drain, now I need to buy him his own cat spray?

Purchased the stuff online and even used over night shipping. LOADS of money for that trip. I sprayed a simple new toy with the stuff. (so it wouldnt have any old smells on it) and let it dry and then laid it in his bed. 3 minutes later...he was sound asleep and purring! WTF is in this stuff?!
He was calm the rest of the afternoon, and even slept thru the night! He has stretched, and played with toys long since forgotten. Im simply amazed! feliway.com if you want to know about this product.

You simply cannot believe how much this scared, cornered cat has come back to being his old self, in less than 24 hours! It can take up to 2 weeks to work if you use it for behavior stuff like scratching or pooping out of place.

Anyone else use this?

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 02-17-2011, 11:36 AM #2

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It is such a helpful "tool" for cats! I have used it with stressed cats in shelters and it has been successful.

Since sense of smell is so important for cats, and the first developed sense it makes sense (a lot of senses here!) that they would respond to a pheromone, even if it is synthetic.

Glad that you have had success, and hope it continues!
Tengboche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (02-17-2011)