Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 04:44 AM #1
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default move to higher ground

tidal wave watches have now become warnings for the west coast of the US and Canada, sirens in Hawaii.

8.9 earthquake amd massive tidal waves hit Japan. that's not a typo wish it was.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 03-11-2011 at 05:14 AM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-11-2011, 07:46 AM #2
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default from my brother in Tokyo

"We're suffering from post traumatic stress and the earth continues to move. It's 920pm and I have another flight attendant staying with me as I'm in the low rise part of our hotel and she was in the high rise. We're prepared to evacuate if another major quake hits. Big sigh. My first real brush with death and immortality."

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:05 AM #3
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart prayer

let us pray for those who are going through the earthquake/ tsunami
terrible -
be anxious for nothing - but by prayer make your requests know unto the creator of the universe....
lighting candles in my heart...
God Bless the USA coasts'
thank you dear paula...

by
, on Flickr
pd documentary - part 2 and 3

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.

Last edited by lou_lou; 03-11-2011 at 09:59 AM.
lou_lou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (03-17-2011), moondaughter (03-11-2011), olsen (03-11-2011), paula_w (03-11-2011)
Old 03-11-2011, 10:44 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It is hard to believe that this could happen anywhere in the world!!

My mother called me about an hour ago wanting to know where we lived in Japan...like it was important...my son is now 36, so of what importance was her call to ask me such a question.

I think it was just that the magnitude of this historical event set off a panic in her and maybe she was remembering that period in time and her thinking went to that "what if" place. And I am sure it will do so, and probably has, for many of us, regardless of where we live.

I calmed my mother down...85 years old...and explained to her that we lived through earthquakes in both Turkey and Japan. Like CA it was just something you expected to happen on any normal day.

But today is beyond our imagination...and hard to comprehend.

Then suddenly I began to think of my "extended family" which includes friends who live in Hawaii or the west coast of CA. My nephew is engaged to a young woman whose family still lives in Hawaii...she was my first thought...they plan to marry there with her family around. Then came PWP friends...Carey from WA was one...AJ and Greg...the list goes on and on.

What I am seeing and hearing on CNN is beyond my worst nightmare. If we remember the earthquake several years ago in the middle east, or maybe it was a far east country, I don't remember the country. A movie was made about that tsunami. We all thought that was the worst about earthquakes and tsunami.

I can't even fathom what it will be like to be homeless. I see the crowds standing in the street and can only imagine the fear they have to endure.

I too pray for those in Japan who are suffering in so many ways today and for weeks and months to come.

I also pray that the nuclear power plant with the cooling system problems does not turn into yet another catastrophic event in Japan.
CarolynS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (03-17-2011)
Old 03-13-2011, 06:37 AM #5
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart God Bless you and all in Japan

dear one,
I am praying for you all -
it must be terrible... may God give you the peace that only he gives..

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
It is hard to believe that this could happen anywhere in the world!!

My mother called me about an hour ago wanting to know where we lived in Japan...like it was important...my son is now 36, so of what importance was her call to ask me such a question.

I think it was just that the magnitude of this historical event set off a panic in her and maybe she was remembering that period in time and her thinking went to that "what if" place. And I am sure it will do so, and probably has, for many of us, regardless of where we live.

I calmed my mother down...85 years old...and explained to her that we lived through earthquakes in both Turkey and Japan. Like CA it was just something you expected to happen on any normal day.

But today is beyond our imagination...and hard to comprehend.

Then suddenly I began to think of my "extended family" which includes friends who live in Hawaii or the west coast of CA. My nephew is engaged to a young woman whose family still lives in Hawaii...she was my first thought...they plan to marry there with her family around. Then came PWP friends...Carey from WA was one...AJ and Greg...the list goes on and on.

What I am seeing and hearing on CNN is beyond my worst nightmare. If we remember the earthquake several years ago in the middle east, or maybe it was a far east country, I don't remember the country. A movie was made about that tsunami. We all thought that was the worst about earthquakes and tsunami.

I can't even fathom what it will be like to be homeless. I see the crowds standing in the street and can only imagine the fear they have to endure.

I too pray for those in Japan who are suffering in so many ways today and for weeks and months to come.

I also pray that the nuclear power plant with the cooling system problems does not turn into yet another catastrophic event in Japan.

by
, on Flickr

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometime in your life you will have been all of these.
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (03-17-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 08:36 AM #6
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Lightbulb 1000 bodies washed upon the shores of Japan...

please -
pray for these people who are going through such horrible trials from the storms of all magnitudes! peace to them dear God, give them your everything
and hold them...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_bi_...pan_earthquake

how to help them
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsro...mi-how-to-help

by
, on Flickr

Last edited by lou_lou; 03-14-2011 at 09:20 AM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (03-17-2011)
Old 03-17-2011, 07:34 AM #7

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default miso soup anyone?

from conscious media network site:

Protecting Against Radiation Exposure
Comments (3)
March 15, 2011
At this hour radiation has leaked from 4 of the 6 damaged nucIear reactors in Japan. It’s expected that some of the radiation will make it’s way across the Pacific over the course of the next 7 to 14 days.

To give an idea of the degree of of the severity of radiation leakage from the damaged nuclear power plants, Chernobyl was a level 7 and at least one of the reactors has been elevated to a level 6. Hundreds of thousands of Japanese have been evacuated from the region while roughly 50 brave souls have stayed behind to do whatever is possible to avert a complete meltdown of the reactor core.

This news has brought a flurry of emails and internet articles to our CMN inbox with people sharing information as to what we can do to protect ourselves against radiation exposure. As I spoke with my friend Linda about this, she remembered a story from the 1950s that featured survivors of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki nuclear blasts.

Approximately 1.4 kilometers from the hypocenter of the Nagasaki blast, a 27- year old medical doctor named Dr. Akizuki was conducting experiments on the effectiveness of the traditional Japanese diet on the human body. He had just returned from Nagasaki to begin his work as Director of the Department of Internal Medicine at Urakami Daiihchi Hospital when Nagasaki (later St. Francis Hospital) was bombed. He had instituted a strict diet of traditional Japanese food that was based on brown rice, miso and tamari soy soup, seaweed, and sea salt.

In 2006 Hiroko Furo, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Japanese Studies, Illinois Wesleyan University asked the question “Why did some people within two kilometers suffer so greatly from radiation poisoning while others suffered few, if any effects?” In search of the answer, he met with 30 survivors who had all had the common experience of consuming this simple, traditional Japanese diet.

Some of the thirty survivors had originally experienced radiation poisoning due to their proximity to the blast, but recovered after consuming Dr. Akizuki’s diet. Others were indoors and, thus, had lower levels of contaminations. Some ended up on local farms in which they ate the same simple diet.

To cut to the primary point of the research, which we have posted on CMN as an article, is that every survivor ate miso soup every day, between one to three servings. In addition, Dr. Akizuki would not allow them to have any sugar or sweets. In each case the survivors say they believe their simple diet with miso soup was the primary factor as to why they survived.

Miso is a soy paste that is created by inoculating trays of rice with the vitamin B12 synthesizing fungus, Aspergillus oryzae, then mixing in a ground preparation of cooked soybeans and salt, and letting the mixture ferment for several days to months or even years before grinding it into a paste with a nut butter consistency. Miso contains many trace minerals including zinc, manganese, and copper, which help to strengthen the immune system, boost energy, and protect bones and blood vessels. It is also a rich source of protein… Studies have also found that substances in miso help reduce the risk of breast cancer.

Most of the information circulating around the net as been focused on supplementing with potassium Iodide, iodine and kelp, so I pulled up some information on the subject. Meanwhile, potassium iodide has been administered to Navy personnel who were conducting humanitarian helicopter flights into a contaminated region. According to news reports, Iodine has been passed out to exosed citizens in Japan.

The best natural source of iodine is from so-called “sea vegetables” such as kelp. Kelp is a type of seaweed and is a feature of the Japanese diet. It is commonly used in making soup broths. An excerpt from the Living Intentionally blog: On average, 20 grams of kelp contain 415 mcg of iodine. For adults 18-40 (or adolescents reaching a weight of ~70 kg), 50-60 grams of kelp/day should act as a reasonable prophylactic protocol. Children need approximately half that amount. In adults over 40, I’ve read that prophylactic protocols do not recommend the standard adult dosage until thyroid radiation exposure reaches 500 cGy or greater. This is because the risk of cancer and hypothyroidism decreases as adults age.

From a JAMA article authored by Manfred Blum, MD: The prophylactic administration of 100 to 200 mg of potassium iodide in anticipation of radioactive iodine exposure will largely prevent uptake by the thyroid gland, thereby reducing the irradiation dose delivered by more than 98%.

From another JAMA article: A number of methods have been proposed to protect those at risk of exposure. Administration of thyroid blocking agents (such as potassium iodide) to exposed populations could be effective, but their use has raised a number of questions since there are considerable gaps in the scientific information available about the possible effects of low-level radiation from radioiodine. In addition, there are only limited data available about potential toxic side effects of potassium iodide distributed widely to large, unsupervised populations.

Potassium iodide appears to be specific to the thyroid gland, which is vulnerable to radiation. As for the rest of the body, I found the article on the Hiroshima and Nagasaki survivors valuable in that it focuses on creating a strong immune system with a balanced Ph as the antidote to not only radiation exposure, but to threats to health in general.

While evaluating the appropriateness of taking precautions in the event of radiation drift, perhaps it’s also worth considering simple fixes such as a basic healthy diet with miso soup and seaweed and natural kelp supplements.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (03-17-2011), lou_lou (03-17-2011)
Old 03-17-2011, 07:50 AM #8
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Arrow one persons pain

effects everyones in life -we tend to ignore this fact!
a huge amount of suffering is happening in JAPAN and it will infact destroy us too, - remember when we bombed these people, it is coming back around,
that is my belief....
some call karma
some call the golden rule

by
, on Flickr

"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (03-17-2011)
Old 03-21-2011, 11:18 AM #9

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Paula

Any further word from your brother?

Jaye
Jaye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote