Parkinson's Disease Tulip

advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 11:16 AM #1

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Left/Right Brain

In retrospect, the first six years was really no problem --- just the right hand tremor, take the Sinemet and for most of the day you don't have Parkinson's. Then I started feeling dis-integrated, and it got a little challenging. Primarily it was my right side that was affected, but could compensate with the left. With the reference of Janice Walton Hadlock's research, I was able to reduce the Sinemet to 400mg a day, lessening the dyskenesia and falling. At the ten year mark, my left side was suddenly affected, too, and I began having real problems turning over in bed at night, loosing my balance and falling, feet curling up making it difficult to walk.

My question of the day is: Why did it take ten years to develop in my left side?

It's wonderful to have found this community of deep thinking researchers -- there is so much nonsense out there regarding Parkinson's!
Atma Namaste is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

advertisement
Old 03-17-2011, 03:07 PM #2

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dear Atma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atma Namaste View Post
In retrospect, the first six years was really no problem --- just the right hand tremor, take the Sinemet and for most of the day you don't have Parkinson's. Then I started feeling dis-integrated, and it got a little challenging. Primarily it was my right side that was affected, but could compensate with the left. With the reference of Janice Walton Hadlock's research, I was able to reduce the Sinemet to 400mg a day, lessening the dyskenesia and falling. At the ten year mark, my left side was suddenly affected, too, and I began having real problems turning over in bed at night, loosing my balance and falling, feet curling up making it difficult to walk.

My question of the day is: Why did it take ten years to develop in my left side?

It's wonderful to have found this community of deep thinking researchers -- there is so much nonsense out there regarding Parkinson's!
You pritty well say it all ! and according to the medical establishment standard you are a "great" example of success of tha l-dopa (and similar) treatment. Many of us on this form don't buy this and considering alternative ways of healing and adaptation with complete disinterest and even resistance from our neurologists.
Welcome on board
Imad
Old 03-18-2011, 03:35 PM #3

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My question of the day is: Why did it take ten years to develop in my left side?

I realise that I have not answered your question and was hoping that others will !
I know what the neuro would say: natural progress of illness. I hope that you will reject this kind of answer !

cheers
Imad
Old 03-19-2011, 12:29 AM #4

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The standard answer ro your question of the day..

Quote:

Is that the degree of loss of dopamine cells in your left putamen (location of the substantia nigra) hit the critical 75-80% mark earlier than those in your right. Remember that the right and left hemisheres affect opposite sides of the body. It is generally accepted that each of us actually had the disease process occurring many years before the appearance of symptoms that send us to the neurologist, and that those symptoms, whether tremor or postural instability and bradykinesia, only manifest themselves after the loss of most of the dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra.

I think most of the people here would advise that the best things you can do for yourself at this point are; eliminate stress, eat healthy food, get as much sleep as you need (or can) and EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE.

Robert
RLSmi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (03-19-2011)
Old 03-19-2011, 12:36 AM #5

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The standard answer to your question of the day..

Quote:

Is that the degree of loss of dopamine cells in your left putamen (location of the substantia nigra) hit the critical 75-80% mark earlier than those in your right. Remember that the right and left hemisheres affect opposite sides of the body. It is generally accepted that each of us actually had the disease process occurring many years before the appearance of symptoms that send us to the neurologist, and that those symptoms, whether tremor or postural instability and bradykinesia, only manifest themselves after the loss of most of the dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra.

I think most of the people here would advise that the best things you can do for yourself at this point are; eliminate stress, eat healthy food, get as much sleep as you need (or can) and EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE.

Robert
Old 03-19-2011, 12:39 AM #6

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face sorry for thr double post

I was trying to correct spelling in the title.
R